Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mommy's Pumpkins

I am certain that it is silly to get sentimental about a trip to the pumpkin patch, but I do. Sometimes I feel like life is made up of a series of snapshots. Stillframes of moments that you hold onto in your heart. Every year we take pictures of the kids picking out pumpkins, and it is almost as if I can actually measure how much they have grown and changed and matured in the course of the year simply by looking at these pictures.  I am not sure why I get sentimental about these pictures and not Christmas pictures or birthday pictures or something that seems more significant. There is just something about watching my babies grow up in a pumpkin patch that makes me a tad bit teary.

Click here to see last year's blog entry.

This is the closest thing that I could get to a smile from Evyn.

And here is Carter's "cheese" smile as well.

Evyn loves pumpkins. She kept pointing and saying "cumpkins." She was delighted that we got to take some home with us.

Carter insisted that I take his picture in this cutout. He makes for a pretty handsome scarecrow.

I love this picture because it almost captures the pure bliss of watching Evyn run. Her arms swing everywhere and her hair bounces. I think if you look closely in this picture that both of her feet are off the ground!

Working together to pick out some pumpkins.

And finally, we had to continue to scarecrow tradition! Carter is such a good sport!


1 comment:

Mom said...

I sure love my "pumpkins"! Did you make a potato head pumpkin again?