Every year when September rolls around, I start getting super excited about the Fair. I know that it is filthy and low class and not the kind of event that a "nice girl" should anticipate with such enthusiasm, but I can't help myself. I find that embracing the yuckiness can actually make for a lovely evening. This year was no exception. There is our annual PDA tradition, the footlong corndog, and the petting zoo. This year as an extra treat, there was a monkey show. What is not to love about a monkey show? Below is my sweet family pictured with a cardboard cutout of Palin. Only at the Fair, friends. . .
Carter was very protective of Evyn in the petting zoo. Such a good big brother!
Carter held the baby chick all by himself.
Evyn's first taste of fair food! She stole my corndog. And yes, that is an enormous scab on her forehead.
Carter ate an entire footlong corndog and a fried pie. He is truly a boy after my own heart.
Carter and I rode the faris wheel. He wanted to ride last year, but was scared to ride once we got closer. He asked to ride again and I thought he would back out again. But this year he went through with it! I was more nervous than he was. It was a first for both of us, and I even got a kiss at the top!
This picture just made me smile. These two genuinely love each other. They almost seem to have their own language. Evyn walks around yelling "Bubba, whereareyouuuuu?" anytime that Carter is not in her immediate line of sight! And Carter continues to be such a kind and gentle and patient brother.
Carter got some "bling" at his cousin Ava's birthday party. He decided that it was imperative to wear it all simultaneously and insisted that I take his picture.
And this girl keeps us on our toes. If it can be jumped off, she will jump off of it. If it can be climbed, she will climb it. She is fearless. And funny. And smart! Here she is jumping off of her favorite recliner.
And kicking back in her favorite recliner!
And demonstrating her savvy fashion sense in her favorite recliner!
We discovered on accident that Evyn knows almost the entire alphabet. She asked for a sticker from Carter and he gave her two stickers that had letters on them. She looked at them and said "B" "F." So we continued to take stickers out and give them to her and she knew almost every one of them. I have no idea where she learned her letters, but I did not teach her! Now that we know that we have a little Einstein on our hands we are working on shapes and colors and geometry (teasing about the last part)! She is so very verbal and is starting to talk in complete sentences. She loves to "read" with us, loves to sing, and even has the ability to crack herself up! She perfectly completes our family!
And last but not least, our friend Trupti, brought the kids some outfits from India! They are beautiful! I need to put the whole outfits on them and take some pictures, but for now this will have to do!
I know that this was another completely random post, but that is how I roll. Thanks for hanging with me!
6 comments:
A lifesized cutout of Palin? You're right, the fair is trashy!
I love the shot of Carter with all of his party favors.
I actually look forward to the fair cuz I love seeing your pictures. The back pocket one is still my favorite. Love you guys.
Maybe Evyn can be my math tutor if you're busy......
This whole post makes me smile. Love you guys.
I really enjoy the fact that you love the fair so much. Yearly I look forward to reliving it vicariously through you. Glad to know it did not disappoint! Love the new pictures of the kids. Happy almost birthday, Evyn!
Bling picture is possibly my favorite picture ever on the blog. I would have it framed in my house if it was my child cuz that's the way I roll. Furthermore, I'm disappointed that there isn't a picture of your hand on Mike's rear pocket. C'mon now...get with it!
Post a Comment