Before I was a mother, I heard the phrase "it takes a village to raise a child" and I think in my head I pictured an old Indian village with a medicine man and the phrase never had much meaning for me. Now that I am a mother and I have a whole new appreciation for my village. I praise God for friends who have come alongside us to keep us accountable in raising Carter in the wisdom and admonition of the Lord. I am so thankful for other mommies that I can call with questions about everything from fevers to green poop to discipline. I know that we have loved ones that have partnered with us in prayer from before he was even born.
In the past two weeks, Carter has spent days with Uncle Mark, Summer and Mai, L'Anna, and the Thomas family. I cannot help but feel richly blessed to have friends who so willingly roll up their sleeves and love on my child, but also to know that each of these people and countless others are part of my village. I guess I am just feeling thankful that I am not in this thing alone. What a lucky kid to have such an amazing village.
2 comments:
Hey Kristen,
This is your friend Kim from Kansas! Thought I would stop by and say hi! I totally understand the "village" thing now that I am also a mom. What a gift motherhood is huh? :)
God Bless....
Thing is, Carter is the chief or mayor or whatever you want to call him. We are his slaves - whatever he wants is okay with me. I love this boy and his family!
Post a Comment