Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Stairs Hurt My Face

It is so amazing to me how quickly Carter is figuring out the English language. The other morning when he woke up I turned on his lamp and he told me "My eyes hurt. No light, mommy." This blew me away. I remember the first time that he could tell me that a cow said "moo" like it was yesterday. So, today seemed to be a particularly humorous day as far as watching this little man figure out how to communicate and I had to share!

After I got Carter dressed for school this morning I came downstairs ahead of him to throw away his diaper. He normally insists on walking down the stairs on his own and today was no different except he was carrying a blanket with him. He got tangled up in the "bwankek" and took a little tumble down the stairs- no blood or broken bones thankfully. When he stopped crying he looked at me and with the saddest little voice said "The stairs hurt the face, mommy." I know that I should not have laughed at this point but I couldn't help it. He then insisted that I kiss both cheeks multiple times.

Tonight after supper, Carter was standing on the couch and one of his all time favorite activities is couch jumping (thanks to daddy). He knows that this is off limits and will land him in time out. So, the little turkey looks at me with that mischieveous gleam in his eye and jumps as big as he can. He then smiles as he says "Tarter jump on couch. Pime out? Blue chair. (the time out chair)" I am just so floored at how well he is piecing ideas together, constructing sentences, and even starting to use pronouns and more complex parts of the English language! At the rate he is going, he will be smarter than me by Kindergarten!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

too cute--kiss those cheeks for me!

Gluoss

Jenn said...

When Mark brought Carter up to see me today, EVERYONE fell in love with him! They were all amazed at his vocabulary and they couldn't believe that he just turned 2 in June! He's such an amazing little boy and now he has a fan club up here at Tech! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey that really makes me miss him! I need to call you soon so I can hear the big boy talking.
Love you...