Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring Break

I am always so sad when a vacation draws to an end, but we have had a fabulous break! Mike went skiing with our youth group while my mom and I headed to California with Carter to visit my aunt Sylvia! Here are just a few highlights from our trip. . .

This is us at the airport! Doesn't Carter look like he belongs in Hollywood?


This is my mom and aunt Sylvia (aka Soby). She graciously let my two year old take over her house for the week and we had a great time talking and laughing and playing.



We got to spend an entire day at the LA Zoo with my aunt Christine. Carter had a blast running from exhibit to exhibit. Chris packed the most fabulous picnic lunch for us, the weather was beautiful, and it was as close to a perfect day as I have had in a long time.



This is part of Soby's back yard. Look at how green everything is there. It was a bit sad coming home to our brown grass but so refreshing to be there for a week!

This is Carter just being Carter. "Doggy" went EVERYWHERE with us that week. I washed him with bleach as soon as we walked in the door.

Carter's first pony ride. This is Candy. He is still talking about riding "Candy horse." That grin stayed on his face the entire time he was on the horse.

We even got to spend a day at the beach. Carter loved playing in the sand. He was fascinated by the water until he put his feet in and told me "I can't like the ocean. It is too cold."

There are so many more fun stories, memories, and pictures to share, but that will have to do for now. Mike had a great time skiing, and I loved every minute of my time with the wild man, my mom, and family and friends in California, but it is always great to be home and back with my sweet little family!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. Man, that kid's handsome! A year from now you will be blogging about Carter's first ski trip...

Mike

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, sweet girl, and Happy Easter today!

Judy

Anonymous said...

Oh, how green it is there! It looks like you had a fabulous time. So, glad you went and that you're back safely! (You didn't happen to bring any of that grass-greening rain back with you, did you?)

:)

Gina

Mary said...

Missed your blogging! Glad you had fun trip and are back safely!

Anonymous said...

I will always remember this trip, it was perfect. Carter was adorable and it was so much fun seeing him enjoying new experiences. I also treasure the time with you, you too are adorable!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had fun. Every picture of the wild man always turns out cute. He is very photogenic. Thanks for sharing. Sum

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! I could sure use a trip to CA. Carter looks like he enjoyed it, too.
WElcome home.

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

How fun this all looks! It all looks so beautiful...just thing next year you will have two babies on board for vacations! YEA.

Comments are so fun...yes, that was Sandra Peterson...her son's name is Scott. Not the murder, though. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are back blogging, I can see you have been busy. Looks like sooo much fun!! Welcome back to good ole Texas. I love the " I can't like the ocean..." too funny!
Lori E.

Staci said...

It looks like y'all had a great trip. Carter takes the cutest pictures!!