Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thanks, God.

Most mornings when I am driving Carter to school or my mom's house he plays "peek a boo" with the sun. It goes something like this: "Hey Mommy, where is the sun? Oh there it is! Hi sun!" This game never gets old! Today there was the most spectacular sunrise on our way to school. We talked about all of the colors that God put into the sunrise and how pretty it was. Carter looked out the window and with as much love in his voice as I have ever heard, he said "Thanks God. Beautiful orange and purple sunrise." I completely echo the sentiment. What a creative Heavenly Father we have to dream up such a beautiful start to the day and to bless me with a little guy that so frequently reminds me of just how big God is. Ahhh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The is one of the blessings of children, we are reminded to see things through their eyes. I also think it is one of God's gifts to us,(I always tell my kids) that he changes the sky all the time, like art work for us. We just have to take the moments to see it.
Lori E.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I so look forward to seeing those Lubbock sunrises on a daily basis again...uh, assuming I'm up at sunrise!
I took great comfort when Angel died knowing that she could see the sunrises from the other side. If they're this beautiful to us here, how amazing must they be in Heaven?? :0)