Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Another Uninvited Houseguest

We have been mouse free for a while now, but you never know what a day holds in the Lewis house! A few days ago Mike and I started hearing fluttering in the chimney and thought that maybe a bird was building a nest in there. We tried to look up the chimney but couldn't really see anything. Today Mike came home to find that a pigeon was camped out in our fireplace- I guess it finally fell down the opening.


Carter thought that we had imported a new pet just for him and was super excited about the bird. He met me in the garage when I came home from work shouting "COME ON MOMMY! BIRD IN THE FIREPLACE. TWEET! TWEET! TWEET!" I think he made the poor creature nervous.
Meanwhile, all I could think about was Mike with the mice and the rubber mallet in the garage. You will be glad to know that after enjoying some quality time with a very excited two year old, we managed a successful catch and release program with a towel. I think I actually saw the bird smile as he flew away as fast as his little wings would carry him!


8 comments:

Mark said...

I'm glad I was there for the festivities... never a dull moment at the Lewis house!

Anonymous said...

This entry had me laughing out loud. Next thing you know, one of the ducks from the lake will move in. Carter has his own private zoo. Just wait until he is old enough to start bringing things home. I'm still chuckling.

Anonymous said...

It's Wild Kindgom around there! :-)

Mary said...

We've had bird in our fireplace before too. I can't figure out how they actually manage to get in there!

Staci said...

Holy cow, Kristen. Your little man cracks me up as much as mine does! Glad the catch & release was successful.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Mr. Lewis did not use the mallet on the cute little dove. This has happened to us also, a couple of times. I also had a candle burning in the fireplace, during the summer and a huge bumble bee came through the chimney to the scent. THAT freaked me out!! Love your stories!! Write more!
Lori E.

Anonymous said...

The bird is much preferrable to Ralph S. Mouse...glad it was a successful catch and release with no blood, mallets, etc. Peace reigns at the Lewis House. : )

BonkLand

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

Seeing that I have a tremendous fear of birds and all things bird related (feathers on Christmas trees and table decorations really creep me out!)...I would have preferred the mouse. Ewwwww, you poor thing.