You know how every now and then you hit that point in life where you look at your calendar and you have "something" to do every single day for three consecutive weeks and you feel a bit overwhelmed by all of the random things in life that you manage to obligate yourself to do and all of a sudden the thought of simply keeping up with dishes and laundry and trying to pack lunches makes you want to cry? Yeah. That point. Well, I was completely there last week. It seems like things tend to all reach the critical point at work, church, and home simultaneously for me. Maybe it is because I have just survived a month of "busy-ness", but I feel freshly appreciative of all of the little things in my life. I am married to my best friend, am crazy about my son, get to experience the miracle of pregnancy again, and am just sort of satisfied with life in general. The weather is beautiful right now and I actually have the time to enjoy it again! Ahh.
I went on a ladies retreat this weekend that was just good for my soul on so many levels. Every now and then you just need a good estrogen filled weekend where you can laugh and cry and stay up way too late doing absolutely nothing. I came home feeling like I had encountered the Lord with my sisters, and that was a sweet thing.
And then, to make things even better, I got to come home to this. . .


And to top it all off, my precious husband does this thing that I call "random flowering." He is the absolute best about bringing me fresh flowers randomly throughout the year on non-anniversary, non-birthday, non-"apology" occasions. It is amazing how a bouquet of flowers can lift my spirits and make a girl feel so very cherished. So, I walk in the door from the retreat and Carter runs to me yelling "Mommy we got flowers for ya." Could life be any sweeter? And, could Mike be any sweeter? (I love you, mister Lewis.)

And I would be remiss if I did not share this story tonight! Carter loves to read and he loves the repetition of reading a book over and over and over. Last night I had read "Duck on a Bike" three times and he begged to read it again. I just couldn't do it, so I told him to look at the pictures. Not satisfied with this answer, he physically picked up my hands and put them on both sides of the book and then said to me "Now, use yours mouth and say the words." What's a girl to do?
8 comments:
Your reflections on your life uplift my soul and make me say
"aaaahhhhh"
in the midst of my competely crazy,
gonna be going non-stop for the next 4 months,
not really sure if I'm really keeping my head above water
life.
Thanks for the breath of fresh air.
That Carter. I sure wish he could be in my class.
Hey friend, thanks for taking time out of your busy, busy week to talk with me yesterday. You are an amazing friend! Glad you had a little time to stop and smell the flowers...literally! Way to go, Mike! Love to you, B.
Three pats on the back for Mike! And Mr. Carter's book reading adventures--so stinkin' cute!
I love you, friend!
BonkLand
Kristen, thank you for posting this sweet message about our son/your husband and Carter. The pictures are great. I showed them off all over campus today! I have NEVER seen such a clear sonogram. I just had to show my friends our new Little Lewis!
Love, Angela
I think we all get that feeling every once in awhile. But what a great bunch of Guys to come home to! Flowers from a fantastic hubby and the cutest little Tarter on the planet! Hang in there sweetie!
You are incredibly blessed to have such a sweet family. And they are blessed to have you too!!
Lewis family...you are worthy to be blessed. Enjoy it!
Lori E.
Isn't it a blessing looking forward to going home? That really is where your blessings are !
I was so proud of you at the retreat, you did a tremendous job. Thank you for all of your hard work.
Post a Comment