- When it is obvious that he is pooping in his diaper, he will look at me and in his sweetest voice say "I am not pooping. I am sure."
- Today I asked Carter who loves him and he told me "Jesus." Then he asked me where Jesus is and I told him that He lives in my heart. He said "No mommy, Jesus is up there (pointing to the sky)." I told him that Jesus is in Heaven and in our hearts and he then pointed to my heart necklace and said with great enthusiasm "In there!"
- When there is anything that Carter is unsure of he tells us "I can't like it."
- When a stranger tells him their name he will normally respond with "Oh that is a GREAT name."
- We were talking about the baby in mommy's tummy and he told me "Yours tummy is so big." (I need to clarify that I am not really showing yet so this is in reference to my normal tummy.) So I asked him if there is a baby in there and he told me "Is monkey in there." You never know. . .
- On mornings that I feel nauseated Carter asks me "Mommy you gonna frow up a little?" His genuine concern and compassion when I don't feel good blesses my heart.
- Yesterday we had quite a conversation about elephants. He made the "elephant noise" complete with hand gestures really loud and told me that was a daddy elephant. Then he whispered the "elephant noise" and did a mini trunk gesture and told me that was the baby elephant. Too cute.
I can hardly wait to see what will come out of his mouth tomorrow.
10 comments:
You are having a monkey? That is going to be so fun!
My favorite is when Carter says "Nooooo" while smiling.
Keep the Carter sayings coming. I'll never, ever get tired of reading what he's saying now!
What a fun and cute little boy!
Ava used to say, "I can't like it," too! She only said it for a short time, and now it's gone. (So sad!)
I keep a sheet of paper taped on the fridge or cabinet so I can jot down all the sweet little "Ava-isms" or now "Grant-isms." It sure is helpful because you think you won't forget, but you do.
I also love that Carter says, "Oh, that is a GREAT name." What an encourager your little man is!
Love you!
-gs
Love it! What a stinkin' cute kid! Love you all!
BonkLand
Mai says, "I can't do it right now." And then when she gets her nerves up to try it she says, "I know that I can do it." Gina had a good idea about writing them down - I always forget by the next day. Sweet Carter!
I love those sweet things that are only part of their diction for a short time.
My oldest daughter used to say "yesternight" instead of last night.
Ahhh, so sweet.
I love reading about Carter, what a sweet little prince you have there Kristen! He and Parker would get a long so well, she does the "I'm not pooping" thing too. And as for bellys, well Piper informed me that I should exercise the other day, I asked why and she says it looks like I have a baby in my tummy! Ah the honesty of 4-year-olds! Thanks for sharing your sweet little man with the world! Can't wait to hear about Monkey! =)
That is too much. He's such a cool kid!
My favorite thing he says is, "Grammy".
Post a Comment