Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Negotiations
I am learning that life with a three year old is all about negotiating and convincing him that things are his idea! I get so tickled when I hear my own words come back to me. For instance, "Mommy do you want juice or milk?" or "Use two hands mommy." Tonight as I was tucking Carter into bed I gave him a kiss and then he promptly told me "Mommy put one more on me." He leaned in and pulled my head right next to his and made the kissing noise ("mmmmmmmmm") for at least ten seconds before he decided it was time to smack and end the embrace. My head tells me that he was stalling to stay up later but my heart tells me that I am in love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That Carter is too cute for words! What a great story and I think he was stalling too but he knew how to do it, with a shot right to mommy's heart!
Parker told me the other day when I was driving and frustrated with the guy who cut me off to "Use your words mommy!" when I yelled UGH!! =)
He sounds like such a sweetie and really reminds me of Jayden.
So, how are you feeling? How is the newest little Lewis? Do we know if it is a he or a she? Names yet? C'mon, we need details! :)
STALLING??? No way...not Carter. I am certain he is head over heels in love with his mama and was showing his love and affection! What a cutie pie that Carter-man is!
BonkLand
Mmmmmm, love those long kisses and around-the-neck hugs. Especially when I don't initiate them.
**pure bliss**
YOUR HEART IS RIGHT.
Post a Comment