Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Mickey Kite.

When we started working with Carter on using the potty a few months ago, he desperately wanted a Mickey Mouse kite. I searched Lubbock to find one so I could shamelessly use it as bribery for him to accomplish a "level two event." I am proud to say that we got to fly the kite today!

Uncle Mark got to witness the first poopoo celebration and like the good sport that he is, he hung around to fly the kite with us! In this picture Carter is actually saying "potty cheese, mommy."


After promising Carter the Mickey kite when he went poopoo we have seen several people flying kites at the park across the street from our house. Every time he sees someone flying a kite he tells me "Mommy, they did their poopoo in the potty. Great job."

Before going outside, Carter told me that he needed his hat and glasses so his hair would not be hot and his eyes would not get burned. Doesn't he look like he is such a big boy in this picture?





I promised him a Pez dispenser if he will keep his pull up clean tomorrow! I would LOVE to give it to him. Say a little prayer for potty success and a patient mommy this week. So far, so good!

7 comments:

Staci said...

LOL! I hope you get to give him the pez dispenser!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Carter! I laughed hard when I read he thought others got to fly a kite b/c they did their big business in the potty, too. Too cute.

Mark said...

Watching Carter fly the Mickey kite that he "earned" was a great way to end the weekend! I'm glad I stopped in!

Mama of 2 P's in a Pod said...

YAY CARTER! Welcome to the potty club! I love the kite and I hope he has a pez dispenser to go along with it!!! WOOHOO!!!

Anonymous said...

As usual another precious Carter story. I love that!! #2 in the potty is a huge milestone! I hope he gets the pez too, and I want to see it on the blog!!
Lori E.

Mary said...

Yea for Carter!! You're not enjoying being a home at all are you?? he,he, he

Anonymous said...

OK, prepare for a ton of comments...it's been too long since I visited. I've been out of town...to LUBBOCK!!
This post...reminded me of the KITE RUNNER. It had nothing to do with the book, but the photos were great. And I bought my son a kite when he conquered the pottie, too.

Oh, great book, if you feel so inclined.