Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
You hurt my feelings, mommy.
Every now and then I have to get onto Carter for something. I know that this comes as a surprise to most of you. The problem is that he has such a tender little spirit that if I even raise my voice the slightest bit and say "Carter Brent" he will stop whatever he is doing, stick his bottom lip out, and big tears will roll down his cheeks. When he is composed enough to speak to me he tells me through tears "You hurt my feelings, mommy." Ugh. Nothing makes me feel more wretched. We then have the talk about when you obey, you won't get in trouble. He normally responds with "Carter needs to listen and obey. Sorry, mommy." Even when he is in trouble I can't help but be amazed by this kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment