Don't get me wrong- I love my job. I feel immensely blessed that I get to do something that I enjoy and believe in, but it is still almost painfully difficult to leave Carter to go to work. I love summer time and the time that I get to be a full time mommy, and every year I completely get the "end of summer blues."
So, I go back to work tomorrow and am feeling all reflective tonight. It has been a fabulous summer filled with snuggly mornings, picnics, playdates, swimming, trips to the library, family time, catching up with girlfriends, cooking, watercolors, sidewalk chalk, birthdays, and so much more. We had a few scary weeks with my mom in the hospital, but she seems to be on the mend now, praise the Lord!
Thank you to my precious husband, who makes our house feel like home. Thank you to Carter, who fills my days and my heart. Thank you to my mom and dad, who support me in countless ways and whose company I truly enjoy. Thank you, Uncle Mark, for taking time out of your bachelor schedule to monkey wrestle my little man. Thank you to my sweet girl friends that have shared your hearts and lives with me this summer. And, thank you God for giving me such a precious gift of time off.
Three more months until maternity leave. . .
7 comments:
I'm glad you had a great summer and I'm equally glad that your Mom is doing better! Have a great first day back :)
I understand your trepidation- the first day of in service is a no good, very bad day. Thank YOU for letting me join in the fun this summer!
Sad day. Pouting. Seriously, my lip is out.
Yuck. I vote for more summer and less school!
Hi Kristen! I am just visiting from Summer's blog. :) Thanks for letting me visit and it sounds like you guys had a great summer. I am looking forward to seeing pics of your sweet girl soon.
I remember one year when all 5 of us were in tears because school was starting back up, you are not alone in feeling this way.
I think it is wonderful how much love and joy is in your home and that you are wise enough to appreciate it.
I'm sort of glad the school year is starting again - I get Carter!!!
life lesson from kristin... the key to happiness is thankfullness.
love you. xx
Post a Comment