Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Breakfast

I am a big breakfast fan. It is my favorite meal of the day. However, breakfast has been a bit of an adventure in our house lately. I normally give Carter choices for breakfast- for example, would you like eggs or oatmeal? But twice in the last week I have simply asked "What would you like for breakfast?" Today the answer was eggs with mustard. Yuck. The other day it was "A pickle, please." When his manners are so impeccable, it is hard to say no. He happily ate both unusual items while I sat by gagging. From now on I will try to remember to offer options at meal time instead of leaving the door wide open!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One morning Mai asked for rolly polly's for breakfast. No, we did not feed them to her, but it leaves you asking "where does she get these ideas".

Carrie Maxwell said...

i tried leaving the option-door open... which lead to requests for ding-dongs and ice cream for breakfast.

choices seem to be the better route.

:)

Anonymous said...

I remember when you and Danny sang " Mom is great. She gave us chocolate cake for breakfast. " I, myself, have always enjoyed a good bowl of pudding for breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Mine ask for: eggs, pancakes, sausage, fruit, orange juice, and biscuits.
ummmm, how about some oatmeal???
;-)

Anonymous said...

I think that is just precious, and what a great memory you have made for Carter!!!!!
Lori E.

Mary said...

You are a brave mommy!!