Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Carter's Big Brother Class

Our hospital offers a "super sibling" class for soon to be big brothers and big sisters. Mike had a rare Saturday morning off today and we got to go to Carter's "brother school" (his term). We practiced with dolls, went on a tour, made cards, watched a video and had a snack. All in all it was a delightful morning!


We toured the maternity floor and got to go into a hospital room and see the nursery. Carter was adorable putting his baby on the bed and soaking it all in.

We practiced how to carry a baby the right way. Note how his sweet little hand is right under the neck. If you notice how he is holding his baby Max in the first picture, this is a huge improvement.

We made "Happy Birthday" cards for the babies. Carter wanted pink paper because "Evyn is a girl and pink is for girls." He drew a sunshine, a picture of her and a picture of himself. Very sweet.

Mike took a self portait while they were coloring. I love these boys.

This was our teacher, Penny. Carter really liked her.

And last but not least, here he is very intently practicing his diapering techniques.

It will be so much fun to watch him with his real life sister. We thoroughly enjoyed this morning!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

That is seriously ADORABLE!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is seriously one of the cutest things I've ever seen. I didn't even KNOW they had classes like this at hospitals. Brilliant! Glad you guys had fun.

Mary said...

How cute! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see her!

Got a digital camera.....SERIOUSLY thinking I need to get in this blog thing....

Mama of 2 P's in a Pod said...

I love that kid too! What a very sweet big brother he's going to be mama!

Anonymous said...

How fun is that class? Wow, I must be a loser mom because I had never even heard of this class.