Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Getting Ready.

We got to see our sweet little girl again today. Mike, Carter, and "Aunt B" (aka Brigitte) all came along this morning to see Evyn and make sure that she was still a she. She looks healthy and is definitely still a girl! The ultrasound estimated that she weighs around 4 pounds now. We got to see all four chambers of her heart beating and even got a few shots of her face and chubby cheeks! She had her eyes open for most of the ultrasound, which was sort of creepy but cool all at the same time. She is breech, but the doctor assures me that there is still plenty of time for her to turn, and at least now I know why it feels like she is tap dancing on my bladder! Here she is at 31 weeks, 2 days:




We had fun this summer getting her room all ready, and are relieved that we can leave it painted pink! Here are a few shots of her nursery:



And last but not least, Carter's room had a few small transformations into his official big boy bedroom. We added his name in rope on the wall, bought him a couch (since we moved the rocker out), and moved my old desk into his room. He is pretty proud of his big boy room.





It is so exciting to think that in just a few more weeks we will have babies sleeping in both of these rooms. As much fun as it was to peek at Evyn today, I can hardly wait to actually hold her in my arms!

15 comments:

Erin said...

Great rooms! I have a silly question. Where did you get your bunk beds? I'm in the market. Jake has figured out how to crawl out of his bed.

kristen lewis said...

Erin, we bought them used from a friend. Carter loves sleeping in the top! They are Ethan Allen, but are at least 17 years old.

Anonymous said...

The rooms are so inviting, all your work and TLC have created a wonderful environment for them to grow in. I can't wait to see how you will fix my room before I move in :) !

Stacey said...

Precious, precious, precious! Love them both! And, I love Carter's name spelled out with the rope. How fun is that!!

Organized Chaos said...

SO fun! I just love the ultrasound pics. And how neat Brigitte got to go with you to your appointment! What a day! (I love Evyn's furniture, BTW.)

Anonymous said...

I love Evyn's room. The green circles look awesome. I an interested to know how that worked out for you!! Carter's room is adorable. Can't wait to see pictures of that sweet baby girl in your arms.

Monica Curry said...

Tell Evyn that her boyfriend BRaidy cannot wait for her to come! Her room is precious and so is she!!!!!!!!!!! YAY FOR ANOTHER NEW BABY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kristen, the pictures are so amazing. They make me miss being pregnant! The room is adorable. She is such a blessed little girl to have a mommy like you. Madi can't wait for her new friend to get here, she really needs a new playmate!!!

Carrie Maxwell said...

awesome rooms!

when you come visit me, i expect you to bring your decorating hat!

evyn is cute as a button! i'm so excited for you!

Brigitte said...

Thanks so much for letting me go! I loved getting to see that sweet girl! For my next baby, I'd like you to come over and paint some of those cute polka dots. That room is super-adorable!

Anonymous said...

oohhh, darn you!
You're giving me baby fever!
;-)

The rooms are precious, and I'm so happy for you and your family.

Mary said...

Ah, Kristen, I'm with you in the excitement! So glad everything is going well, can't wait to see you on the 19th!

Brooke said...

She is even cute while still in the oven! I can't wait to see her!

Love, love, love both rooms. So cute!

Anonymous said...

That just brings back so many memories, and she is just precious of course!! How cool is it that you can get a peek at what you've got cooking in your oven. God is good!!

Steph said...

i'm with pinky... got baby fever here!

so adorable.