Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

In case you have ever wondered what happens when you take your three year old with you to the gynecologist. . .

Here you go!

I had my 30 week appointment today, and Carter tagged along. He insisted on bringing his "baby Max" with him in his pink and purple stroller and proudly pushed him into the office. Then he was beyond fascinated and full of questions as to why I was "keeping my teetee in a cup." Next up was blood pressure. While the doctor was trying her hardest to listen to my blood pressure Carter kept loudly asking "Does that hurt, mommy? Are you sad?" Then he grabbed the infamous "inspection light" and was pretending that it was a telescope. He made the doctor look into it because he insisted that he could see zebras and tigers. I can guarantee that his imaginary safari was more pleasant than what she normally sees with that light. Finally we got to hear Evyn's heartbeat and Carter covered his ears and said "She is so loud. Make her be quiet." Good times. I think that in the future I will try to schedule my yearly exam at a time that Carter will be able to tag along. You don't think he would need therapy, do you?

7 comments:

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

Oh, I miss your stories! I think if I mentioned the word gynecologist to the team I work with now...they would drop dead. I was discussing the joys of waxing the other day, and I could have heard the crickets chirp. I might need to reserve my mildly inappropriate girly issues with y'all!

Anonymous said...

That is neat that he got to hear her heart beat, even though he did not fully get just how cool that is. :>} Did that make your blood pressure higher? You are soooo entertaining!!
Lori E.

Bonky's Mom said...

My therapist friends assure me this type of thing won't scar children for life. Mr. Bonk attended my last OB appt with me as well. I bribed him with fruit snacks and he did well. He also got a toy from my doctor. That works well, too!

I love that Carter-man!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Kristen, that is hilarious!! I love it! I think keeping him at home during your yearly would definitely be a good idea! =) If he thinks Evyn is loud now, boy I wonder what he'll think when she opens up her lungs =)
Liz (Mama of 2 P's in a Pod)

Anonymous said...

Love the telescope part...perhaps the doctor will remember that and it will make the actual use of the light a little more amusing. It's so good to be able to have little peeks into your life. Glad you and Carrie have reconnected.

Brigitte said...

Oh, this is classic. Thanks for posting! I can only imagine the comments Carter will have when Evyn gets here. You'll need a journal or something. BTW, I can't even believe you are 30 weeks now. She'll be here before we know it. See you in a few DAYS! Love, B.

Carrie Maxwell said...

little boy's are great!

they can even turn a trip to the gyno into a magical safari.

love it!