Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Autumn

I love this time of the year. I love the cool mornings and the crisp air. I love watching the seasons slowly change. I love snuggling under a blanket with a cup of coffee. I love the colors and the smells. I love wearing blue jeans and flip flops. I love it all. I love the reminder that even though seasons change every year, God never changes.

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118: 24


Carter is super excited that it is "pumpkin season." When we first found out that we were expecting in February, we told him that the baby would be here after it was time for pumpkins. Everywhere we go he makes sure to point out all of the pumpkins and tell me that it is almost time for baby Evyn!

Yesterday, he got to pick out a pumpkin at the grocery store and we made a surprise for daddy! He told me that he did not want a "scary" pumpkin, so we improvised and made a Mr. Potato Head pumpkin instead. He can't say potato for whatever reason, so below you will see Carter working on his "tomato pumpkin."


5 comments:

Mary said...

How fun! My kids are after me to get them pumpkins to have fun with. Guess I need to get it done!

Carrie Maxwell said...

love it! last year we carved a pumpkin a little too early and it rotted into a nasty mess before halloween arrived.

love the potato head idea... zachary will be so thrilled! :)

oh yeah, and i too LOVE this season... the air just seems so much more breathable!

Anonymous said...

Carter, you are too stinkin' cute. I love the pumpkin!

Unknown said...

Kristen! These are sooooo adorable! Did you and Carter make the centerpiece, too? How nice!

Thanks for keeping the grandfolks feeling like we are right there near you! ; )

Mika said...

I can't wait for that age. He is just so stinkin' cute!!!