Here he is with his best buddy, Toonces. He spends some nice quality time with her every morning. Sometimes he sings to her. Sometimes he shares his toys. Sometimes they just snuggle.
Today he hopped up on the bed and sounded out c-a-t to spell cat! Now if you ask him how to spell Toonces, he will tell you c-a-t! He can also spell dog, Carter and Evyn. Amazing I tell you. He did a pretty decent job of attempting to sound out helicopter this afternoon. He is just learning so much at such an incredible rate. If only we could master pooping in the potty.
Speaking of pooping in the potty, I have another cute story to share. We have started really praising Carter for telling us the truth when he is dirty because he started hiding it from us and lying about it. When he is not truthful he gets a spanking. So, when he tells Mike the truth they pray about Jesus helping Carter to learn to use the potty instead of getting a spanking. Preacher's kid! So, Carter comes up to me smelling pretty foul yesterday and says "Mommy, I think we better pray." I love it.
One last story- I love to tickle Carter when he is nakey after his bath. He is just so deliciously cute. The other day I was doing my daily naked tickle session when he stops his giggling to tell me "Mommy, that is inappropriate!" Honestly- he used a 5 syllable word to correct my behavior! I am sure that this is only the beginning! I am so crazy about this kid!!!
8 comments:
Kristen,
What wonderful stories and pictures you share on this blog! Thank you for helping me feel like I'm "Almost in Lubbock" to see Carter growing up!
I wish you luck with the pooping in the potty. That may be an inherited thing - - - ! ; ) We discovered from my dad that the switch helped us achieve success - with haste! Good luck! I love you guys and gals!
Angela
What a sweet boy you have. I really hope he comes over to play sometime soon.
I love Carter stories...there's nothing sweeter. Thank you for your support these last few days, wouldn't have made it without you! I LOVE U !
I love me some Toonces!!!!!
That is just too cute, I love Carter stories too. He is so blessed to have you two as parents!!! I agree with Brooke, Toonces rocks too, such a patient cat.
I remember having those same feelings, of saying goodbye to my one-on-one with my first born. I think that's perfectly normal.
Looks like you had a wonderful baby shower!!
Oh, and how cool is it that you are playing cello??!!
Dude! That's awesome!
Toonces... as in the driving cat?
Carrie, You got it! We only let her drive when the conditions are optimal.
Post a Comment