It seems like it has been a while since I have posted random pictures and stories, so here we go!
We took Evyn today (5 weeks old) for a weight check and she is up to 9 pounds 9 ounces! Wow! I knew that she was growing because she has already outgrown most newborn clothes and diapers, but I had no idea that she had packed three pounds on! Amazing! She is still as cute as ever and I am loving her hair. She is just so very girly and sweet.

Evyn loves to be swaddled. One morning while I was in the shower, Carter asked Mike to swaddle him too, so here are both of my babies swaddled together. Too cute! We swaddled Carter until he was almost 9 months old. We used to joke that we were going to have to use a twin size sheet, but he loved it.

Potty training continues to be an exercise in patience for all of us. Several days ago, we had just walked in the door from church when I smelled Carter. I was nursing the baby and Mike was not home yet. I am trying to make Carter more aware of the mess that he makes when he has an accident so I sent him into the bathroom to start cleaning up, knowing that Mike would be home in a few minutes. Poor Mike. This is what he walked in to. Please note the underwear in the trash and the very solemn look on Carter's face. And if you look closely you can see what appeared to most of an entire roll of toilet paper in the commode. Everyone tells me that we will look back on all of this and laugh one day. I can honestly say that I cannot wait for that day!

Mike is no longer allowed to brush Evyn's hair after bath time. He thinks it is super funny to make her look like a troll doll.

This is my favorite way to spend the days. She is still so snuggly and sweet and now I know how quickly this phase passes.

This was her first non-newborn outfit! She looked so grown up and cute that we had to get the camera out!


My heart is so amazingly full of these precious babies. Every day that I get to spend with them makes me smile. I am so looking forward to this holiday season. I sometimes wonder if this is how my parents must have felt when we were little. Life does not get much sweeter than this- even with potty training!
3 comments:
What sweet kiddos you have! Thanks for the updates...The pictures are adorable! Evyn is growing so fast, and I love her hair, too. We miss you guys! I hope you have a wonderful
Thanksgiving!
Precious precious pics!! I am getting excited to have Miss Evyn come January!! :)
The look on Carter's face while he is cleaning up is sad, sad, sad.
Post a Comment