My mom always tells me that being a mommy means learning to live with your heart on the outside and that is so true. I honestly miss my kids so much that it almost physically hurts, but I cannot help but think that I am the luckiest girl on the earth to even be able to experience that kind of love at all. So instead of pouting about having to leave them, I am trying to make myself focus on getting to come home to them.
Some blessings from the day included flowers from my sweet Mike, leaving my precious babies with my precious mom, phone call updates throughout the day, countless emails and phone calls to check on me, an amazing basket o' love from my sweet Evans girls, a hug from Purk, and dinner from Sherril! I am blessed beyond measure. I missed the kids like crazy, am not enjoying my familiarity with my breast pump (and someone practically knocked my door down the very first time that I needed to pump), my computer at work has completely crashed, and I had a full blown ugly cry at the end of the day, but all in all, things are going well. Evyn is doing well with the bottle and Carter is enjoying being back in the swing of things and is doing smashingly well (comparatively) in underwear! I forgot how hard it is to wash and sterilize things every night, pack lunches, cook dinner, do laundry, etc. I know that it will get easier, but we are still definitely finding our groove right now.
The other thing that I forgot about is that the second day is harder than the first. I think that I was all mentally prepared for day one but then had the sudden realization that I had four more days to go before I made it to the weekend. Tomorrow marks the halfway point. Overall, I am amazingly blessed to have a job to go back to that I really do enjoy, and just look at what I get to come home to at the end of the day!
This was Sunday morning. Super sweet.
8 comments:
I have been thinking a lot about you these last two days. It is so hard leaving the kids and going back to work. Hang in there...Saturday's a comin'!
It is wonderful to have to back at school, but I know it is hard. You are holding it together wonderfully. Madison was so excited to see Evyn this morning. I think it is a sign of a beautiful friendship in the making. I'm sure Evyn will bless Madi the same way you have blessed my life.
And WOW!!! Mike may need to have his toe nails looked into. That is some serious tearing!!! Heath would say, "Way to go, man!"
You've been in my thoughts and prayers and are doing amazingly well. I'm glad your back, but I know its hard.
Should we all pitch in and get Mike a pedicure??????
she is getting so big... i swear she has got to be the cutest baby i have ever seen. that smile is adorable!
you're doing good. it's so difficult to leave them... but it's a gift you're giving them. more life experience outside of the home.
so... toe nail clippers are pretty cheap at walgreens. look into it.
Sweet, sweet kids!
And that tonail thing is the funniest thing I have ever seen. I can't WAIT to show Chad. Trim the Captians, Mike, trim the Captains.
Yeah, right that was a "toenail!" You crazy kids!
You have such a sweet heart!! You will make it and you will ROCK!! Is is possible that Evyn is getting more precious and even cuter?? I think so!
Seriously wow!! You have a blog! I'm so excited to find this...I'm gonna go back and read every last post. I think. There's a lot I noticed. Fun!
Post a Comment