Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Birds and the Bees- sorta.

This morning while I was dressing Carter, I was telling him how very glad that I was that God gave me a little boy to love. He told me "I know, mommy. You love me from the top of my head to the tippy of my toes." Somehow from there we moved on to where he came from. Because of Evyn, he knows that babies grow in mommy's tummy and then doctors help take them out. Today he said "Mommy, did God put me together and then Jesus threw me in your tummy?" I thought that was more age appropriate than launching into the whole "special hug" talk, so we left it at that! He is already keeping me on my toes!

There are days that I just step back and smile thinking about how blessed I am to be the mommy to two precious little monkeys. I snapped some fun pictures this morning and thought I would share!

This is how Evyn's hair looks after she wakes up! She is a wild child for sure!


I bought Carter a pencil sharpener in the dollar section of Target and it is his new favorite item. He has sharpened every pencil in the house and is actually pretty good at it. Here he is proudly displaying his freshly sharpened #2.

Daddy and his girl. Check out those curls on Evyn! Her hair is getting soooo long!

I was trying to get Carter to smile for the camera. He looked at me and said "I will look at you but I will not smile." This is what I got. At least we made eye contact, huh?

Her future is so bright that she had to wear shades. And nothing else!

9 comments:

Bonky's Mom said...

great pics! You're a blessed mommy! Love yall!

Monica Curry said...

I want to squeeze Evyn. And eat her up.

Anonymous said...

SOOO SWEET!!!!

Angie said...

The special hug? That's way too funny....and I am SO not looking forward to having that conversation with my kids. I'm going to send them to your house for that since you've got the degree that says you know how to handle these things :)

Mary said...

You know, we had this discussion at scrapbooking...about when and how to tell the kids. I for sure thought I'd have to do it before you, but what the heck, you go right ahead, and let me know what works!! :)

Mama of 2 P's in a Pod said...

Your monkeys are the cutest little people! I love Evyn's sweet face and Carter never ceases to amaze me with his little comments!

Danny said...

"I will look at you, but I will not smile." HA! The boy is practicing his boardroom face.

Anonymous said...

Somebody needs to tell your husband to open his eyes wider for pictures. Righty especially.

Love,

Your husband

summer said...

Love the daddy and Evyn picture. There is no denying who her daddy is, that is for sure! Sweet Carter, we miss him.