Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Snow and Ice!

One of my favorite things about living in West Texas is that we actually get four different seasons. Granted there are days when we get all four seasons in the same day, but I love the changes in weather and scenery.

We went to spend some time with Nanna and Grandad (aka Mike's folks) at the first part of this week. We headed to Bridgeport to hang out in a time share for a few days and enjoyed our visit. The highlight of the trip was our excursion to the Gaylord Texan, where we saw the Grinch on ICE!

Here is one content mommy with the sweetest little girl ever. She is so much fun these days. Evyn has really discovered her voice and has mastered the fine art of walking. She is a climber and does not appear to be afraid of much. I think this one will keep us on our toes!


Hanging out before we bundled up to go see the grinch.

They give you these enormous parkas to wear because it is 9 degrees inside!

Brrrrr.

Nanna and Grandad trying to stay warm.

Carter on the ice slide. He came down a little faster than Mike!

There was an amazing nativity made entirely out of ice at the very end. They told the Christmas story. It was a really nice ending to a cool (literally) activity! I didn't get to stay as long as I would have liked because Carter was freezing by this point!

The lobby at the Gaylord is like Christmas exploded! It was beautiful. There was an amazing train track and lots of pretty decorations to see.

Carter's favorite part of the day was this toy soldier. He just stared and smiled. The soldier told Carter that Santa had just taken him out of the box that morning. You can imagine the questions that followed about the box.
We got our first real snow in our forever house this morning! I was so glad to not have to drive in this and to get to wake up in our own house for a fun snowy morning! I have not seen Carter this excited in a long time. We made our best attempt at a snowman, had a snowball fight, and played until our toes were cold! Then we came in and made coco! What a perfect way to spend Christmas Eve!

As cheesy as I know this sounds, this picture is one of the things I imagined when we bought this house. You can barely see the lights on the tree in the window behind us. I can't help but feel blessed to see some of my little dreams come true. Cheesy. I warned you.




4 comments:

ashley said...

not cheesey at all! so sweet! I'm sad I didn't get to bundle Grace up and take her out this morning before work!

Heather Bolin said...

Love it!

Mary said...

Ha, ha, I never thought you would look SHORT!! Sounds like fun, (for you!) I never would have made it!! tee, hee xoxox

Jenn said...

I went to the Gaylord last year and it was so much fun! Did they have the lifesize gingerbread house this year? That was my favorite part last year! :)