He is packing his bags for Morocco as I type this. I am so delighted that he gets another opportunity to share the love of Christ with his international friends. But I will miss him immensely while he is gone. I may sound silly or codependent or just plain pathetic, and I don't care. Ten days feels like an eternity when you are away from your best friend. I remember the days that we were dating and cell phones did not exist yet and nobody had the internet at home. I would check my mailbox with such enthusiasm and cling to his words. I hated being apart. And I feel that even more now. What a blessing to love someone that much. So please pray that the next ten days will go quickly, that he will have safe travel, that his time will be used effectively, the the gospel will be shared, that nobody will kill me in my sleep, and that God will give me the energy to be a single mom while he is gone. Thanks.
Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
The dangers of marrying your best friend.
He is packing his bags for Morocco as I type this. I am so delighted that he gets another opportunity to share the love of Christ with his international friends. But I will miss him immensely while he is gone. I may sound silly or codependent or just plain pathetic, and I don't care. Ten days feels like an eternity when you are away from your best friend. I remember the days that we were dating and cell phones did not exist yet and nobody had the internet at home. I would check my mailbox with such enthusiasm and cling to his words. I hated being apart. And I feel that even more now. What a blessing to love someone that much. So please pray that the next ten days will go quickly, that he will have safe travel, that his time will be used effectively, the the gospel will be shared, that nobody will kill me in my sleep, and that God will give me the energy to be a single mom while he is gone. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What a sweet entry. Love reading this. Call me anytime during this 10 day venture. You will do super, but look forward to the day he comes home! I will be praying for all of you.
Yes, I agree with you, Kristen. That is why I miss seeing our first-born more often! Love your babies and Michael for me.
Kristen, you are blessed and you have such a sweet heart. I will pray that the time goes fast. I know it is hard also to be a single mom for that time. I just came off a 3 week adventure. I will pray for you and for Mike.
We are here for you!! Girl time next Friday?? Can't wait to see you soon!!
Praying for you, Supermom!
You guys define what marriage should be. It blesses my heart to see how the two of you love each other. This love flows over and creates the wonderful home and family you have. I believe it's all 'cuz you put the Lord first. I'm proud of both of you.
Post a Comment