Here is Trupti with Evyn on her birthday.
Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Indian Thanksgiving
Mike spends a lot of time working with International students at Tech. It is amazing how God has literally brought the ends of the earth to our own backyard. About two years ago, we met Trupti and Ruchi. They are roomies and absolutely precious girls. We always love hanging out with them. Trupti works at UMC and actually held Evyn within an hour of her being born. We had the opportunity to hang out with them a few weeks ago and decided that we would host an "Indian Thanksgiving" dinner this weekend.
Here is Trupti with Evyn on her birthday.
Trupti and Ruchi came over and hung out last night. They are going to Sea World next month, so Carter told them all about Shamu and the rides and the pirates. He even showed them his stuffed Shamu. Then they played Elefun, Memory, Candy Land, and Operation for hours. They were such good sports.
More friends came over to join us for dinner. Pictured left to right are Mike, Sharma, Carter, Trupti, Ruchi, Rupe, and Poonam. Sharma was hilarious. And the girls are all so beautiful. We ate and laughed and really enjoyed every minute of the evening. We also learned that Rupe is really scared of cats when Toonces jumped up next to her on the couch and she screamed and spilled her plate! So funny.
We had rice, chickpeas, chicken manaca, tortillas, cucumber salad, chicken pockets (I made these), Inidan sweets (fried wheat flour soaked in a sweet syrup), and chocolate cake (mine). It was DELICIOUS. This was honestly the first meal that we have eaten with International students that I have not choked down. It was fabulous.
We feel so blessed to have such sweet friendships with such amazing people. We are thankful that they would be willing to come hang out with us and be part of our lives. I love watching my kids soak them up. I love watching Carter eat Indian food. And I am reminded that life is a whole lot bigger than my little corner of the world. And on a serious note, these friendships make "praying for the lost" so much more meaningful to me. I pray that God will make Himself known to my sweet friends so that we might look forward to eternity together.
Here is Trupti with Evyn on her birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
chicken pockets...yum!!!!!!!!!! sounds wonderful!
How wonderful to have the kids exposed to different cultures in such a loving, comfortable, fun atmosphere. I know God is going to bless you and your home cuz of your willingness to show His love to the lost.
How wonderful to have the kids exposed to different cultures in such a loving, comfortable, fun atmosphere. I know God is going to bless you and your home cuz of your willingness to show His love to the lost.
Ahh, the food looks amazing. So glad to see pictures of your international friends! I'm pretty sure Lewis humor and warmth will translate in any language!
What a fun day...and such yummy food! Can't wait to see how God continues to work in this situation! Love you guys!
Post a Comment