Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Thankful Heart

With Thanksgiving approaching, we have had lots of questions in our house about pilgrims, Indians, "horns of plenty," turkeys, and Thanksgiving in general. It has been really sweet to hear Carter tell us the things that he is thankful for- Evyn and Mark are at the top of his list, followed by his Batman car, and footie pajamas. Pretty well rounded if you ask me. I can't help but reflect on the things that I am thankful for as well.

I am honestly thankful for the gift of my salvation. I am so undeserving, yet so very grateful that my Heavenly Father loves me enough to adopt me into His family. And I am thankful for my precious husband, who is the biggest joy in my life. He makes me laugh like nobody else. He is honestly the best person that I know. And he wakes up next to me every morning! I am blessed. And my heart is so very full of our children that I can hardly stand it. To have two healthy, beautiful, well behaved, and hilarious kids is such a gift. I love having my family in town. I have amazing friends to share life with. I love my job. I love my church home. And at the risk of sounding a little materialistic, I love my house and my car. This is just the start of my thankful list.
It's been a week or so since I shared pictures, and I have a few cute shots to share. Evyn has learned how to pose for the camera, as demonstrated below.

Carter had his Thanksgiving party at school on Friday. I was a room mother. This was completely out of my comfort zone and quite honestly not my favorite thing that I have ever done. But it was sweet to get to watch him interact with his friends and he was really glad that I was there. They did a little Thanksgiving program and he was adorable. They sang some fun songs and absolutely melted my heart. Here is my little Indian.
Carter with most of his class and his teacher, Mrs. Lewis. We love her. Look at how cute and spunky she looks.

This was taken while they were singing "Five fat turkeys are we."

Carter's teacher painted a turkey on his face. He was so proud of it!

I love this next series of pictures because it just about summarizes Evyn. This child is spunky. She is such an entertainer. She will do something cute, then look at you and wait for you to laugh and then giggle right along with you before doing it again. She loves being the center of attention and is rather opinionated. I am having so much fun watching her little personality emerge! She is a bundle of energy but will still snuggle with her mommy. I am crazy about this little girl. So, she recently discovered that she can sit in Carter's chair all by herself and loves showing off her new trick. You can almost imagine the noises that accompany the facial expressions in these pictures!


And last but not least, Carter has been growing his hair out. I love it longer. It is so soft and I find that I rub the top of his head all the time. However, he has been asking me for the last few weeks if he could please have his "spikey hair" again. And I figure if he actually has a preference for how he wears his hair, I might as well indulge him. He is precious either way, so why not?
Before. . .

After. . .

Happy almost Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

Mary said...

What a heartwarming post! Love ya!

Bonky's Mom said...

I love that Evyn is now posing for pics! Too cute! Love both those kiddos!

Stacey said...

Good stuff! Love your family! Evyn is just getting so big! Oh my. Her facial expressions in these pics are adorable.

Carrie Maxwell said...

precious!

Brigitte said...

Sweet, sweet pics. Bet you were a great room mom. Thankful for you, my friend!!

Chris and Carolee said...

your kids are so cute. I was dissapointed I did not get to see them and you last weekend. I bet you made a great room mom!

Mom said...

I too am thankful for these sweet ones. They bless my heart as does their mommy.

Mark said...

I'm smiling ear to ear! Great pics of the kids and I'm speechless that my little buddy is thankful for me. I hope some day he knows how thankful I am for him!