I apologize in advance for the incredibly random nature of this post, but my life seems to not happen in a blog-friendly format.
Evyn got her first fat lip the other night. She face planted onto a wooden toy that she was playing with. And while I wish that she had not hurt herself, I actually think she looks pretty cute with her big swollen lip.

Carter and Mike recently discovered that they could build a lego tower all the way to the ceiling. Mommy discovered that when that tower falls over, you find legos under furniture for the better part of the week.


Thanksgiving was amazing this year. It is normally not my favorite holiday, but this year just seemed really special for whatever reason. We enjoyed relaxing with just the four of us in the morning. Carter was fascinated by the parade. And then the weather was so pretty that we went and fed the ducks.

Then my precious family came over to spend the day. We ate some really yummy food- turkey and gravy, dressing, sweet potato casserole, cranberries, jello, deviled eggs, green bean casserole, homemade mac and cheese, rolls, and pumpkin pie. I ate through the pain, and even had leftovers for dinner! It is so much fun to watch the kids play and just have time to visit and enjoy each other's company. I loved every minute of our time together. When we bought this house, I had visions of playing football at the park across the street on Thanksgiving. Yesterday while we were playing football and baseball and watching Evyn learn to walk holding onto Papa's finger, I almost had to pinch myself. It was a perfect day. Here is the whole crew, and most of us are looking at the camera.

Mark and Carter are the best of friends. Carter invited Mark to spend the night, and because he is just that cool, he did! Here they are taking in a little Curious George on Thanksgiving night. Then after a night spent in bunk beds, we had breakfast and decorated the Christmas tree.


We always set up the tree on the day after Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite family traditions. Carter was actually really good help with the ornaments this year!

And my very favorite Christmas tradition is wrapping my babies up in lights for a picture. I wonder how long I can get away with this!




And in other big news, Evyn got her first haircut today. My huge insecurity when I found out that I was pregnant with a girl was fixing her hair. It just intimidates me. Everyone assured me that she would be at least two before I would have to worry about it. Then I gave birth to the hairiest white child on the planet. I love her hair and can't imagine her without it, but the whole thing makes me giggle. The sides of it are MUCH longer than the very back, so she had her first little trim today and looks like such a big girl now.
Our sweet friend, L'Anna, gave Carter his first haircut and was gracious enough to do the honors with Evyn.
Carter

Evyn

Carter and L'Anna

Evyn and L'Anna
6 comments:
That is CRAZY to me that Evyn is old enough for her first haircut! I'm still months away from having enough to even clip a bow on Trinity! What a cute haircut! Love the babies-in-lights picture, too. Before I even scrolled down to look, I remembered your tradition and wondered if you had taken pictures. Glad you all had a great Thanksgiving.
Traditions are great. Enjoy them while you can.
Love the haircut pics. So, so cute!
Thank you for a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was the best.
now THAT is a logo tower!!
Post a Comment