I cannot believe that my baby girl is two! She seems to have completely transformed from a baby into a little girl overnight. She talks non-stop, knows her entire alphabet, loves to sing and dance and entertain, and is so sweet and affectionate. She loves to dress up, wear jewelry, and is just starting to really discover baby dolls.
Here she is proudly sporting her new birthday wings and jewelry.
When I was a little girl, my mom made me this doll cradle. It was one of my all time favorite toys. For Evyn's birthday, mom and I refinished the cradle. I need to get better pictures of the finished product. Evyn loves it. She puts her babies in the bed and says "rock baby." My grandmother made the afghan that she is holding in this picture, so 4 generations of women in my family contributed to this gift.
For Evyn's birthday, we took the family out to the corn maze where we went on a hayride, played at the petting zoo, shot the corn cannon, rode the cowtrain, and had a picnic lunch. It was such a nice way to spend the day. Here are a few highlights from her party.
Evyn, you perfectly complete our family. I love everything about you. I am so excited to see who you will become as you continue to grow into such a beautiful little girl. May you always know how very much your earthly parents love you and may you come to understand the love of your Heavenly Father as well. Happy birthday, sweet girl.
4 comments:
OK, don't know why but this post made me cry. Evyn is such a delight and it is hard to believe that she is 2. It was a wonderful party, perfect in every way and I'm so happy she likes her cradle. I'm looking forward to many more happy birthdays.
What a sweet little girl. I still remember walking down the hall with you when you told me you were pregnant with baby #2 and it seems like yesterday, not almost 3 years ago. Happy Birthday Evyn!!! What a fun age this is, but bittersweet that they grow up so stinkin fast!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET EVYN! She's such a doll!
That baby crib will be such a great keepsake for her too! How special! Where did you find time to refinish a crib, btw?! What a fun party. I love it that your kids get to see their cousins often. Happy b-day big 2 year old Evyn!
Post a Comment