Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

tapioca pudding- one of my little oddities

I got on a domestic streak tonight after bathing Carter and putting him to bed. I find that now that I am officially out of the "summer mode" and back into "working mommy mode" I can be pretty productive at night when I put my mind to it. Tonight was one of those nights. I did two loads of laundry, one load of dishes, made homemade spaghetti sauce for dinner tomorrow, packed lunches, and made tapioca pudding for dessert tomorrow. (We are having supper with my little brother to celebrate his new job- YEA Mark- so I felt compelled to make dessert and it was all I had on hand.)

As I slowly stirred the mysterious concoction and watched those crazy little dots start floating to the top, I started thinking about what a complete contradiction my life is! I have major texture issues with food- for instance I hate chunks in things that I perceive to be smooth foods (yogurt, salsa, etc), but I cannot get enough tapioca pudding. I mean, I would swim in it if there was that much available- I love it that much. The only kind of milk that I can tolerate is skim milk because everything else tastes so think that I feel like it needs to be chewed, but at Christmas I love Eggnog! I am a counselor as a profession yet seem to have relatively little control over my own irrational emotions. I hate the smell and texture of fish, but am OK with Long John Silvers. I could go on and on.

So in the midst of my quietly introspective and domestic evening, it occurred to me that I probably need to thank all of you that are patient enough to call me your friend. I am one quirky girl, and you love me in spite of it all! Thanks!

7 comments:

Room For More said...

Three cheers for estrogen-spiked friends!

Brooke said...

Kristen, Kristen, Kristen, quirky is part of your charm!!! If you had not been so adorably you, then I would NOT have voted into the scrapbook gang! You are real and let it all out there in the open for people to take or leave! I love that about you so don't change, ok? Plus, if it were not for the quirks then your stories would not be anywhere as interesting as they are!!! "So I had been to the gym..."

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff...I HAVE always thought it ironic how much you love tapioca! Hey, you would LOVE the big tapioca ball drinks they sell over here. I can't believe I didn't make you try one last year. Seriously, very tasty. Ok, next time you come, no newborns involved so we can get into some real trouble together. I love you, food oddities and all!

Anonymous said...

I love your quirks. And your tapioca...

Lori E. said...

Kristen, you are just awesome and quirky people ROCK!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mike although I do wonder about your thought process.

Anonymous said...

Kristen, I find your quirks to be quite delightful. They make me feel normal. Not so much in the comparative way, but in that you make me realize that it's really the quirk-less people who are weird!!
Staci M