Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Boogers are not a snack.

It is so good to be home and back with my boys today! Mike leaves tomorrow for Nashville, and I am already looking forward to the end of the week when we will get to be together as a family again!

Carter has recently discovered that his finger fits perfectly in his nose and is fascinated with his boogers. This morning while we were getting him dressed for church he was digging in his nose despite my protests. He calmly looks at me and says "I will eat this booger." I was at a loss for words when Mike jumped in and saved the day by telling him "Son, boogers are not a snack. Boogers are for tissues and trash. Crackers are a snack." Beautifully said.

So we get in the car after church and Carter again starts digging for gold. I looked back at him and gave him the eye. He then proceeded to say "That's right. Boogers are not a snack. Boogers for trash. Crackers for snack. That's right." I am hoping that it sinks in!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW--a great explanation by Booger himself. I'm gonna file that one in my mental hard drive for Mr. Bonk.

BonkLand

Anonymous said...

Did I mention this made both the Rainmaker and me laugh out loud???

Staci said...

LOL!!! What a great explanation! I'll have to file it into my mental rolodex for the little gold diggers in my class.

Mary said...

That is hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

And I never even had any coursework in early childhood education...

Mike

Mama of 2 P's in a Pod said...

Oh my goodness this is too funny! I love how matter of fact Carter was! Do you think Mike could have a talk with Parker? She is obsessed with her nose and what treasures she finds inside....it's so disgusting!

Brigitte said...

Ah, the Carterman makes me belly laugh once again. I really loved seeing his sweet face tonight! BTW, I'm enjoying the new blog-decor. Keeps me coming back to see what fun things you've done.
Love you!
B.

Brooke said...

SASSY! Love the preppy look!

Little boys and boogers...you have a long road ahead. However with Mike and his simple & clear explanation, you might have nipped it in the bud, or in the boog as the case may be!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Carter, please, get your protein elsewhere, sweet boy!

Kristin, I'll have to send you a link to a friend's blog about her son's bogger antics.
fun!