As the mommy of a two year old, I seem to have lost touch with anything that could possibly be classified as contemporary music and that part of my brain has miraculously been occupied with various cartoon songs and assorted "silly songs with Larry." Recently, Veggie Tales released a hip new tune helping children differentiate between monkeys and apes. I quote, "If it doesn't have a tail, it's not a monkey even if it has a monkey kind of shape. If it doesn't have a tail, it's not a monkey. If it doesn't have a tail, it's not a monkey, it's an ape." Unfortunately I have been humming this catchy little tune for the last week.
So, today we got to take a peek at little baby Lewis for the first time! I am thrilled to report that despite Carter's insistence that there is a monkey in mommy's tummy, we did not see a tail! While it is still too early for us to see gender, we did see opposable thumbs and that is enough for this mommy!

And check out these sweet little legs all stretched out. (This is the back of the baby and the arrow is pointing at a thigh.)
The baby was moving and flipping and kicking, and it was so amazing to watch. It is currently the size of a lime, and we marveled at how "human" it looks already. The fun is just beginning. . .
13 comments:
How exciting!! I'm just thrilled for you! keep us informed! :)
Life is such a miracle--can't wait to meet the newest little Lewis!
BonkLand
Precious!
-Gina
Glad I got to be there with you for that and I can't wait to see how the next few weeks, months, and years unfold for us...
Mike
Awww! So happy for you guys!
Blessings all around! I'm so excited for you...
What a beautiful womb-shot! Girl or boy, your little lime is just precious!
Oh my gosh!!!! How exciting! I am so thrilled for this little miracle growing inside of you! I cannot wait to go through this journey with you! They grow so much soo fast! What an exciting time!!!
Wow, you're really going to be a family of 4!!! It makes my heart so happy to see this new tiny, sweet Lewis. I can't wait to find out blue or pink!!! Love you!!!
That is a sweet baby for sure! I am so happy for y'all!!!!
I am a bit sad you aren't birthing a monkey b/c I would love to have a pet monkey and you having one would be a good second best! And...a great addition to our next retreat!
I love you, friend!
BonkLand
So amazing. I love love love seing that precious baby! Hearing that heartbeat...nothing beats the miracle of life!
Congrats again!
Dear Lewis Family,
I work with Angela at New Braunfels Middle School. She was so excited to show us these pictures of your new little one----she was almost too hard to handle. I don't think we could have tied her down--she was just beaming. What a wonderful miracle. God is so good.
Post a Comment