So tonight we were eating a pleasant dinner together as a family when Mike jumped up and started beating the floor with the rug. I promptly realized that he had a visual on the mouse. Carter started excitedly saying "Daddy is killing a bug" over and over and over while I tried to determine the safest place for me and Evyn to be. Then Mike went after the fireplace tools. The fun was only beginning. Picture the kitchen with rugs strewn here and there, the fridge pulled out from the wall, all chairs displaced and my sweet husband in dress socks and pajama pants laying spread Eagle on the floor. Suffice it to say that I was done eating. Here is Mike in action.
Carter had to get in on the action too. Here he is yielding the most dangerous of the fireplace tools yelling excitedly about helping daddy kill the "bug."
1. Look at how filthy my kitchen floor is.
2. How and why did this mouse get in my kitchen? There is not a door anywhere close to the kitchen. Has he been living here? If so, where?
3. What kind of balls must a mouse have to run across the kitchen floor in broad daylight when four humans are in the room?
4. Aren't there normally entire colonies of mice when you find one?
5. Can I ever go barefoot in the kitchen again?
6. How did that mouse open the biscotti without an opposable thumb?
7. Where else has that mouse been?
I could go on. It looks like it might be time to start setting traps again. I will keep you posted. Just keeping it real here, folks!
14 comments:
Eww! I will have to resign as Evyn's teacher if a mouse comes to school with her! I have EXTREME mouse phobia. Poor Kristen.
Did you just reference mice balls. Ha! I love you...
i agree, the mice balls made me LOL!
i don't blame him for going for the biscotti... what flavor was it? too bad he didn't have any coffee to go with it.
maybe if you'd just set up a little cafe outside they'll leave you alone.
Good times indeed! The family that kills mice together, sticks together!
I hope there are many more mice to come at the Lewis house...sorry, well maybe just ONE more? It is such entertaining blog fodder!
Good reason to be a little afraid to the mouse. They are not fun! Way to go Mike and Carter on the slaughter!
You know that I am weird and have to post about the previous blog first, rather than doing two posts....Can Evyn be any cuter??? She is an angel straight from heaven to bless your life with joy. Joy, because egad the whole mouse incident. You know I am opposed to violence against animals, but I am with you on NOT IN THE HOUSE....he(the mouse) should have known better......yes keep us posted on the Lewis sagas, because they bring JOY to my life!!!
I hate rodential drawbacks.
I love that you listed 6 disturbing things about the event, and that you probably thought of at least three more this morning you could have included in the list.
May there be no more Templetons in your casa, friend!!
Oh my..could the rodent saga really be back?! I am so sorry! Ewww to that. I will have to agree with Stacee...no mouse in the sweet girly diaper bag, ok? :) Plus, she's right-we will lose Stacee at PDO...she doesn't do mice. I have seen the phobia in action. But, keep the stories coming! Loved reading it!
I saw a mouse once in the house I lived in college...there were curse words...the really bad ones! I used to fear that they would crawl in bed with me once I learned that they can crawl. Maybe that can be the next fear on the list??? I really do feel for you!
Don't ever watch Rattatoui (sp?), the Disney movie.
We've had the little critters.
Go to a feed store, buy the packets of poison, throw them in your attic (why can I suddenly not spell ANYTHING??).
Okay, enough unsolicited advice.
Okay, I've GOT to quit reading your blog when I'm trying to get my kids to go to sleep. I laugh so hard, they want to know what it's about! And, I will be the second Amen to Stacee's mouse phobia, although it was quite entertaining to watch her show it!! xoxo Stacee! This is funny to hear about, I just think that the mice need to stay out of my house! And the great thing about blogging is, that you actually think to grab your camera at great moments like this. Too bad I didn't have one with me today with the washing machine incident!
I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight after reading/seeing this...... :)
OK, Stacee and Stacey- you have my word that I will check her bag every day before school!
Carrie and Linley- glad the idea of mouse testicles makes you giggle. Me too!
Colby- thank you. It actually had not yet occurred to me that I might have a mouse in my bed. Thank you for that.
As for the rest of you, I am glad that my misadventures can entertain you! I will keep the updates coming!
So, I ran across your blog blog-hopping... an event that can last hours sometimes... anyway, this gave me a chuckle!! I HATE mice!! I think you share my passion.
I also realized that you are Mrs. Holwerda's daughter. My son Austin Holmes had her for T-1 a looooong time ago. She was great! Austin loved her!! You have a fantastic mommy....
Your kiddo's are beautiful... I will continue to stalk your blog!
Post a Comment