Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Overheard in the Lewis House

Carter is quite the chatterbox these days and some of the things that he says make me roll. I had a few that I just had to share.

Yesterday morning, Carter told me that he wanted to play with playdoh. Here is how our conversation unfolded:

C: Mommy I want to do playdoh.
K: What? You want to eat a potato?
C: No! I need to do playdoh.
K: I'm sorry. Did you say that you like tomatoes?
C: Mommy, listen. I want to play playdoh.
K: A tornado?
C: Mommy, put your ear on my mouth. I want to do playdoh!


He is also recently very into knock knock jokes and while his delivery is impeccable, the punchlines often leave you hanging.

C: Knock knock.
K: Who's there?
C: Pumpkin.
K: Pumpkin who?
C: Pumpkin head pineapple! (followed by much laughter)

One last Carter story. He made a cross at church today that says "Jesus took my punishment." He was holding it in the car after church and telling us about how because Jesus loved us he was in a bunch of rocks with a big rock on top. Then he looked me right in the eye and said "Jesus took my punishment." The whole thing gave me goosebumps. I pray that these truths are really starting to sink in.
And finally, here are a few pictures from today that I just love. Carter is such a fabulous big brother. He plays with his sister all the time and is so sweet and gentle with her.
This outfit makes me grin. She looks so girlie. Thank you, Becky!
And I honestly think that she is the happiest baby on the planet. She sat in my lap through church this morning and never made a peep. She was wide awake for over an hour and just listened to the music and the sermon. Amazing, I tell you.

8 comments:

Carrie Maxwell said...

i love the funny things kids say.... and how they crack themselves up. priceless.

evyn's outfits are redic... if only it could be fashionable for adults to dress gymboree style.

so... do you hear a lot that carter favors you and evyn her daddy?

it's amazing to me how much kids can look like their parents... like stuart riggen's little boy jace looks so much like annalisa. hey, come to think of it, i believe jace and evyn were born on the same day. did you know that?

Anonymous said...

I remember the days of knock knock jokes. Christian loved to make his own up, too. The ones we tried to tell him he did not think were near as funny as his own. Gotta love this age!!!

Stacey said...

Knock knock jokes!! So fun! Our boys think they are so funny too, especially the made up ones. Precious pictures! You have beautiful kiddos, girlie!!

Angie said...

Oh dear me...the knock knock joke phase!! Except I'm getting worried it's not a phase, at our house at least. My boys both love them and think their made up jokes are ridiculously funny, too, and they all have 'pineapple-head' punch lines like Carter's. Jaden's pushing 7 now and we still get the same blank look from him when we try to teach him knock knock's that are actually funny! Oh well.

Evyn is precious as always too!! I'm so envious of those bows I just might pop. I think I'm going to have to invest in some ginormous pink headband/bows for myself since I'm girl-less over here. Hey, the 80's are bound to come back in style sooner or later.

Alissa said...

That knock knock joke cracked me up. My kids at work also are into those recently! Too funny! & never a dull moment!

Mary said...

You know, Hunter is like Angie's boys. His jokes are so funny to him, but no one else!

Brooke said...

Cute!! Such adorable offspring you have!

Anonymous said...

Shame on me, I haven't checked your blog for awile and I've missed some terrific stuff/pics. My fav is the last one on this entry.
Even tho I don't get all of Carter's jokes, he keeps me in stitches. I treasure my time with both of them - they are the most adorable kids on the planet.