Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Private Carter

I never know what I will find when I pick Carter up from my mom's house. This week I showed up to find Carter in a plastic army helmet. He LOVES this thing. Mom said that he wore it all day. He napped in it and refused to take it off. He kept singing "I'm in the Lord's army. Yes sir!" Pretty cute, if I do say so myself.

Here is the Private pulling a little k.p. He loves to cook noodles.
And the happy soldier demonstrating his best salute.

While it is funny to see Carter playing at HOME in a plastic army helmet, the story gets better when I tell you that he also insisted on wearing the helmet to school on Wednesday. I chuckled to myself all day thinking that I was the mother or the "helmet kid" at school. I thought it was sort of sweet and quirky until it occurred to me that our helmet kid is the only kid that still poops his pants at school. The helmet took on a whole new spin. Sigh.

And as long as I am posting pictures, check out my almost 5 month old! She is so much fun. She has started eating cereal and baby food and seems to enjoy everything that she has tasted so far! She still sleeps like a champ and giggles easily. She perfectly completes our little family!

Tonight officially starts Spring Break! I can't wait to soak up some more time with these monkeys!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Private makes my day! We have so much fun together, he is a joy.
I can't believe how fast Evyn is growing, she is a perfect baby. Thanks for sharing these darlings with me.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed seeing Carter napping in his helmet at PDO!

Monica Curry said...

Amen Sister. Spring Break is going to be amazing. I love your private (that kind of sounds wierd) and your princess.

Mary said...

You enjoy every single minute of this upcoming week!! I know you will!

Denae said...

I hope you have a great Spring Break!!!

Anonymous said...

Cater is so funny. I miss this kid. Evyn is undeniably the sweetest baby girl I know. Love you.

Unknown said...

Kristen,

The pics are cute. I can tell that you are enjoying having time on your hands to "play" with the blog!

Have a safe and fun spring break.