So I mentioned our naked lunch the other day. I know he will kill me for this, but I had to take some pictures. We were just getting home from a playdate and he went to go potty and came out completely naked. I did not ask any questions because I was simply thrilled that he was going teetee in the potty. He then told me that he needed to eat his lunch with no clothes on. To each his own. After lunch, he told me that it was time to "take a rest" and he needed to "rest with no clothes on." He napped for almost 4 HOURS and woke up completely dry. We then read about 5 books in his birthday suit. At the risk of sounding creepy, I loved the feel of his skin in my arms and the smell of him. Here is my naked little man!
Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
To know him is to love him.
There is something special about Carter. I guess every mom thinks that about her kids. But really, there is just something special about this kid. I am not claiming that he is perfect, but the essence of him is just pure and good. He makes me smile just being around him. We were riding bikes yesterday and as I walked next to him and watched him pedal his big bike all by himself, I just wanted to soak up every bit of him. I love how he is turning into such a boy. He loves trucks and rocks and sticks and dinosaurs and thinks that burping is hilarious. His voice is changing and sounding more grown up and it is so sweet to hear him chatter and sing. He is nurturing and kind and gentle, and he loves his sister. I know that God has a special plan for this one.
So I mentioned our naked lunch the other day. I know he will kill me for this, but I had to take some pictures. We were just getting home from a playdate and he went to go potty and came out completely naked. I did not ask any questions because I was simply thrilled that he was going teetee in the potty. He then told me that he needed to eat his lunch with no clothes on. To each his own. After lunch, he told me that it was time to "take a rest" and he needed to "rest with no clothes on." He napped for almost 4 HOURS and woke up completely dry. We then read about 5 books in his birthday suit. At the risk of sounding creepy, I loved the feel of his skin in my arms and the smell of him. Here is my naked little man!

We have some sweet friends, Hal and Joyce, at church. Carter LOVES Hal. Today we went out to their house for a bit and Carter took along a backpack full of apples to feed the horses that live next door. Uncle Danny gave him some carrots for the adventure too. Here he is carrying his backpack and carrots and proudly sporting his Telluride cap from daddy!
So I mentioned our naked lunch the other day. I know he will kill me for this, but I had to take some pictures. We were just getting home from a playdate and he went to go potty and came out completely naked. I did not ask any questions because I was simply thrilled that he was going teetee in the potty. He then told me that he needed to eat his lunch with no clothes on. To each his own. After lunch, he told me that it was time to "take a rest" and he needed to "rest with no clothes on." He napped for almost 4 HOURS and woke up completely dry. We then read about 5 books in his birthday suit. At the risk of sounding creepy, I loved the feel of his skin in my arms and the smell of him. Here is my naked little man!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Riley LOVES carrots. And celery. Odd.
Glad Mike's back home and Carter's teeteeing in the potty.
:)
yea! i'm so glad carter's decided to take on the potty. :)
z get's totally naked to go #2 - he's really afraid of getting it on him.
i don't know why we have to wear clothes anyhow... they just get in the way.
maybe carter will be the person who makes that fashion trend the norm... or maybe that's not what you meant by doing something special with his life. :)
I think Carter will kill you one day cuz of these pics but I think they are cute.
Glad to see he wore clothes to ride a horse! Have fun on your mini vacation!
I agree with your mom. Carter will seek revenge someday. I just hope no one calls CPS for the naked pictures.
I was looking at your blog with my 4yo daughter standing beside me and she said, "oh my goodness, is that boy naked!!" then she laughed and said "he is sooooo silly!!"!
Too funny:)
Post a Comment