There are some friendships that are simply timeless. God blessed me with three girlfriends in college that were a tremendously important part of my life. Our initials spelled BEAK (Brigitte, Elisabeth, Amy, Kristen) and because we were dorky like that we normally sat in that order for pictures. These girls have shared life with me in so many ways and I have so many fabulous memories of my BEAK girls. We have stayed connected since graduation but had not been all together since graduation- until this weekend!
My heart was so full on Friday when we were all together. We giggled just like the good old days, and our kids were fast friends! The time went by far too quickly, but it was an absolutely amazing weekend! Bill and Eli came all the way from Houston, Amy and Steve came in from Clovis, and Brig and Kevin are here from China! I found that I just walked around smiling because I was so happy to be back together!
We colored eggs and had tons of fun together, and there will be more pictures coming. But for now, here are some classic BEAK pictures for your viewing pleasure.
Old school BEAK- this was taken outside of our dorm freshman year! I believe that this picture was Spring 1996.

This was taken at Brigitte's personal shower. We were sophomores here and I think this was Spring 1997. Note how adorable we are with our heads tilted and legs crossed together.

I have no idea who took this picture but I remember having a ton of fun that night. I have some other pictures of BEAK doing dramatic mime, but I don't know that the blogging public is ready for that yet!

Fast forward to Friday! It was so amazing to feel like we all just picked up right where we left off. I am so thankful for these girls.



Imagine us on the cover of an album. We were trying to be dramatic and artistic, but Eli could not stop smiling and the rest of us just look confused.

Even our feet were happy to see each other. We giggled because we realized that we were all smiling for the camera in this picture!

The men of BEAK (Kevin, Bill, Steve, and Mike). They were such good sports!!!

Our only group picture. Accomplishing this was very much like herding cats!

I am on such a natural high from the weekend. I loved every minute that I got to spend with these precious friends, and I find myself being so very thankful that some things in life never change. Even though there are 8 kids between us all now, and God has taken us all in very different directions geographically and with careers, there was still a bind that tied us all together! I can't wait to do this again. I hope that it won't be ten more years! Thank you, BEAK, for a memory that I will cherish for a long time!
5 comments:
You all look so happy. Maybe someday it could be BEAKS???
Summer
It's also fun to view these pictures with memories as a "BEAK Mom." I'm proud of you gals! And . . . you all now have handsome husbands with "fuzzy beaks!"
Judy (Brigitte's Mom)
You beat me to posting! Ha! I love it that we made more fun BEAK memories this weekend. Thank you for all you did, K, to pull it together. What a blast we had!
Great pictures!! I am glad you had such a blessed time. How is it that you look younger than you did your freshman year in college?? Is there something you need to share with us all, and make yourself a millionaire??
amy is rockin' some sweet glasses! i love them... and bridg's hair is a-ma-zing! you all are so beautiful... and look so happy.
what a crew!
Post a Comment