Mike does not have a blog, but if he did this is definitely a story he would post! So, because I am an excellent wife I felt compelled to share it on his behalf!
Sweet little Mikey was doing some yardwork this afternoon. He had a full trash can of grass clippings and whatnot and headed for the dumpster. We have an odd German neighbor, who we frequently see through our back window at night standing in room with a strange red light and we think she is naked, but that is neither here nor there. She walks her dog daily and she usually fills the dumpster with empty liquor bottles, again neither here nor there. After our recent hail storm, she is having her roof replaced. Back to the story.
So, Mike heads for the dumpster and notices that one of the lids is open on the dumpster as he approaches. It is his custom to open the side that was still closed, so he boldly threw the lid open only to see a flash of movement. Upon closer inspection, which took approximately a tenth of a second, he realized that much to his chagrin it was not a cat or animal, but one of the roofers with his pants down squatting in the dumpster and leaving a deposit. He apparently spoke very little English. He simply smiled from ear to ear and said "HE-EY!"
This left Mike in an awkward spot and feeling mildly confused and uncomfortable. Not knowing whether he should dump the trash and leave yet feeling like he owed the man the courtesy of allowing him some privacy, he left the trash can next to the dumpster and walked back to our fence where he attempted to act nonchalant. Easier said than done. A few minutes later, he saw the man emerge, and went and emptied the trash can.
I laugh every time I imagine the whole scene in my mind. This stuff is too good to make up.
The moral of the story is that if you have a neighbor getting a new roof and need to take out your trash, you should probably knock on the dumpster first. Now you can't say that you were not warned.
16 comments:
We are laughing so hard we are crying. Only Mike! So Funny. Thanks for the warning.
I had to mute the television and read this to Micah. This is an instant classic story...not quite as good as the Chinese lady story, but a close second.
WHAT???!!! Makes me wonder if this guy is a regular dumpster-user. Seriously, what makes a person do that? I guess it's better than going where all can see. Too funny... all the best stuff happens at the Lewis casa! :)
Oh Kristen, I can not stop laughing!!! What a great lesson to learn since there will be a lot of people getting their roofs replaced around here!!! I'm just glad Mike found that and not you...I could only imagine that story!!
Of course this story brings me much delight! What an awkward, to say the least, situation for Mike! Huh-larious!! Brings a whole new meaning to DUMP-ster!!
Oh Kristen,
Peter and I were laughing so hard reading this story. I will agree with Brigitte that "all the best stuff happens at the Lewis casa."
Thanks for sharing!
oh my goodness, that is hilarious! But I think I would have cried if it happened to me.
Oh my! So funny! I might have to comment about this to Mike at PDO.
gross.
Seriously my life is so dull!!!
That is incredibly disgusting! I would have been absolutely horrified, but since it didn't happen to me, I think that it's pretty funny!
You just made my day with that story! I will probably never take out the trash again without making sure there is not someone doing "business" in the dumpster!
ROFLMAO!
We too were laughing so hard about Mike's story. I actually pulled it up and read it to my parents this weekend. My dad was in tears he was laughing so hard. Too funny! Thanks for sharing.
That is CRAZY!!! I don't think I could be casual about that situation. It must be a fly by night roofing company, if it isn't please file a complaint!!!!! Like Mary, it is funny, because it did not happen to me. You and your stories Kristen you should have your television show!!!
That is amazing.
Post a Comment