Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

When it rains. . .

It hails? Well, maybe only in Lubbock! I was just about to come home from work when an enormous thunderstorm hit! We had to call all of the kids and teachers that were still in the building to come into the office. My sweet friend, Monica, is perhaps the biggest tornado-phobe that I know and she was nervous as a cat! I felt bad but it made me giggle to watch her! She said that she dreams about tornoadoes at least three times a week. I love this about her because she is one of those people that seems to be really sane and rational.

Anyway, I got some work done and watched the storm from my office. I waited for a break in the storm, took of my shoes, and ran for my car! In the two miles home, I saw two ambulances, one firetruck, and three accidents! The roads were seriously flooded. Then there was a car floating in the intersection by our house. Oops. Here are some pictures that Mike snapped.

The view off our porch.

The rapids on 60th and Gary!

Carter playing in the "snow" after the worst of the storm was over.


On a completely unrelated note, how precious is this outfit on Evyn? Thank you, Bonky's mommy! This girl melts my heart!

The thunderstorm is still going. I love it. I love the smell and the sound of the thunder. Unfortunately, I do not love the leak in our playroom. I am fairly certain that at least one child will end up in my bed tonight and part of me loves that! I love spring time in West Texas!

6 comments:

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

Wow! We didn't get any hail, but I watched from our school television and they were talking about "severe weather near the loop and Indiana." I thought of y'all and said, "Evans, my old school..." thinking of y'all!

Monica Curry said...

You might end up with ME in your bed too. Oh wait, I have a big strong husband to keep me safe! I am glad I gave you a good laugh. My tummy has finally settled down...6 hours later. My next home WILL have a basement!

Brigitte said...

I did think of you since I knew you'd be coming home around that time. I think the weathermen were glad to have something "exciting" to talk about besides wind. How much do I love that pic of Evyn?!! She looks adorable and her hair reminds me of a Miss America up-do. :)

Jenn said...

I can totally identify with your friend, I too am a tornado phobe. I dream about them too at least 2-3 times a month. What's even funnier is my high school mascot was a Tornado, so you'd think I wouldn't suffer such a phobia of them! haha :)

Carrie Maxwell said...

your friend reminds me of amy.... i used to crack up during thunderstorms with her. she's a total tornado phobe... i was totally calm because she freaked out enough for the both of us. :)

on another note, your blog is such an inspiration. you inspire me to be a better mom, and i love and thank you for that! xox

Mom said...

I love: your adorable kids: your positive outlook and you!