Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Brown Man

I took Carter with me to the grocery store tonight and it was crowded the way that it always is on Sunday night. He is really into pointing out what color EVERYTHING is these days. When he sees a car he points and proudly tells me what color it is. He loves to identify the colors of his clothes, animals, flowers, you name it. So today in the store, a lovely African American man lines up behind me. Can you guess where this is going? He was so friendly and was waving at Carter and being so sweet. Carter pointed directly at him and clear as day said "Brown man." I almost died. I didn't know what to say, so I told the man that he was just learning his colors and stammered out an apology. Fortunately, he seemed to think it was funny. This is definitely one for the baby book!

2 comments:

Mama of 2 P's in a Pod said...

At least he was cool about it. You can't get mad at kids for being honest, though I know how embarrassing it is =) For the longest time, everytime Piper saw an asian woman she thought it was our friend Thao who is Vietnamese. And everytime she saw an African American man she thought it was our friend Kenny =)

Mary said...

THAT is funny!!!!!!!!!!