Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Enough Nap!

Carter is such a structured little man, which is wonderful because naptime and bedtime are normally a breeze. So, on Sunday I put Carter down for his nap and he insisted on taking Mr. Potato Head to bed with him, which oddly enough was not unusual. He normally insists on taking at least one random item to bed with him. For the next 90 minutes I heard him giggling and saying things like "hat tato head"- I am not exaggerating- 90 minutes of solid happy play time in bed with the potato head! Then he starts saying "Hewwo Mommy. Enough nap. Mommy? Hewwo? Enough nap!" After about two minutes of trying to convince me to come get him through the monitor he gave up the fight and went to sleep. When I finally went to get him up and found him with a plastic moustache and a set of lips pressed into his chubby little thighs, I had to smile. Have I told you how much I love this boy?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Aww, I love the random things he takes to bed with him! I guess he's graduated from the Buzz phone/sunglasses and moved on to Mr. Potato Head. :)He's just too cute!