Before Carter was ever born, I fell in love with the daughters of my precious friend, Sherril. I was actually there the nights that Sierra and Tegan were born and I have loved them ever since. Morgan was born after Carter and I am pretty crazy about her too! Most of their family lives out of town so I have been bestowed the honor of being "aunt Kristen." I love it!Well, Matt and Sherril got to spend a weekend in the mountains celebrating their anniversary and I inherited the kids for the weekend. We had a blast. I am completely exhausted, but it is that happy kind of tired! We went out for pizza, went to the science spectrum, went to the park, played in the sprinkler, baked banana bread, made birthday cards for Mike, ate pancakes for supper, and had an all around great "slumber party" (according to Sierra).
I have an entirely new respect for people with multiple children. Between Carter and the girls, I had a one year old, two year old, three year old, and a five year old. Needless to say, there was never a dull moment. That adds up to a lot of ponytails (and girl hair is not a strength of mine), several teeth to brush, multiple carseats to buckle, and best of all, tons of sweet little heads to kiss as you tuck them in. We really had a sweet weekend. Definitely good birth control- but a good weekend, nonetheless! Thank you, Matt and Sherril for trusting me with your precious girls for the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment