Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Friday, February 29, 2008

The Perfect Afternoon

It is Friday afternoon, and we had staff development this morning. My principal gave us the afternoon to "work independently" and for me that translated into "come home and hang with my boys." We got to all go get a hamburger for lunch together and now I am loving the beautiful weather and the time to just be a family. What a fabulous day! Here are a few random stories and pictures from the week.


Carter has recently decided that Toonces does not get held or carried enough and has decided to rectify that situation. This poor cat is approximately 11 human years old and is less than thrilled to be toted around, but you try to tell Carter that!


I took Carter to get his hair cut this week, which is always hilarious. He sits in the chair giggling "it tickles. it tickles. it tickles." while onlookers giggle with him. I thought that he looked so cute after the haircut that I got out the camera and told him to smile. I would say "SMI-ILE" and he would repeat me without actually smiling. I finally said "Watch me. Smile like this." and gave him the biggest grin that I could muster. This is his interpretation of my smile. . .



Apparently, when I smile really big my eyes get all squinty. Every time for the rest of the day that I would tell him to smile like mommy he would close his eyes and do this dorky little smile. Ahhh. To see yourself through the eyes of a child!


Here is a better smile! Ain't he the cutest?



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A resounding YES!!

Anonymous said...

Your kid's a stud...

Mike

Anonymous said...

He's just way, way too cute!
And Toonces, well, Toonces deserves a cat medal of honor.

Anonymous said...

I love this boy, this cat, this family - you all make me smile!