Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Why Not?

Carter's new question any time I tell him no is "why not?" He says it so sweetly that I find that I almost look forward to answering him. Here was our conversation in the bath tub tonight:

Carter: "Mommy, I take blue wash cloth for night night, OK?"
Mommy: "No, we better leave it in the tub."
Carter: "No, Tarter take it to big bed for night night."
Mommy: "I think we should leave it here. Wash cloths are not for night night."
Carter: "Why not?"
Mommy: "It is wet and will make you cold."
Carter: "OK. See you morrow wash cloth."

Ahhhh.

This has been a crazy busy week for us, and moments like this bring the sweetest sense of calm over me. Tonight as I rocked him and breathed in the sweet smell of his hair and treasured the heaviness of him in my arms and read "Pat the Bunny" three times just because he wanted me to, I could not help but feel thankful for the precious moments of quiet that I get to spend with this beautiful child. God is so good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, God is so good. Treasure these moments. These are the moments that refuel me for tomorrow.

Mary said...

Ahhh,,,,that is so sweet! You are a good mommy!

Brooke said...

Hold on to those moments as long as you can. Those are sweet, sweet times! Then they turn 7 and you have half of a second to get a hug and kiss out of them. Those "rocking" times are some of my most precious memories....complete bliss.

I agree with Mary, you are a kind, dedicated, loving Mom who is so involved in Carter's little life.
He is a lucky boy to have you!!

Mama of 2 P's in a Pod said...

Thank you for sharing this, sometimes in the drama of getting the girls off to bed and then again off to daycare/preschool I forget to enjoy these moments, so thank you for reminding me that we are so blessed to have these little people God has loaned us.