Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Humility

I called to schedule an appointment at the dermatologist the other day because I seem to have several skin issues that I wanted to have looked at before I go back to school. Everything was fine until the receptionist asked me to describe my concerns. As I listed off my rash, potential wart, hideous nose mole, unidentified bump on my eye, and skin tags in assorted places I felt more and more like Quasimoto. I decided that perhaps an annual trip to the dermatologist might be the best way to make sure that I stay humble. I will have to report back after I actually bare my flesh for the doctor. Good times.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! It is always good to have a little lesson in humility.

Although, you are very funny and one of my favorite people. I am a bit upset with you. I just got wind that someone was at my place of employment with a precious Evyn, and I didn't get to see either of them. I sure hope there is a good explanation behind this!!!!

Brooke said...

I laughed out loud. Not at your "concerns" but I can imagine the whole conversation you had with the receptionist. Nothing is ever dull or normal with you sister!! Also I have a foggy "Kristen/dermatologist/embarrassing moment story floating around in my brain. You'll have to refresh my memory on Friday!
Thanks for sharing your sweet self & baby with me on my birthday!

Carrie Maxwell said...

i hate that... when the receptionist asks you to describe what's going on. it's so embarrassing.

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

Ditto the dermatologist humiliation! I break out from time to time and so on my records it lists my reason for appointment as "acne." Really, do they have to call it acne-vulgaris? Can't they simply call it occasional minor blemish?

Mary said...

I'm sure that they started talking about you after you hung up! That's funny, I'd love to join you at your appointment to "baby-sit". I'm sure that will be a fun filled event!

Lori E. said...

Kristen, I too NEED a trip to a dermatologist, I AM afraid that I will freak the poor doctor out and cause her or him to change professions. So, way to go braveheart, you have set an example for me to follow. Be humble, but not afraid!!

ashley said...

I cannot wait to hear how this turned out today. especially the you-know-what on your you-know-what. i heart you