Every year on the Friday after Thanksgiving, we get out our Christmas decorations and put up the tree. I always want to do it sooner, but we always wait until that day. Mike makes fun of me because he says that I treat Thanksgiving like a person whose feelings I don't want to hurt. So for that reason the Christmas decorations have to wait until after we have lived it up with the orange and brown and pilgrims and turkey and parade and everything else that goes along with Thanksgiving. Anyway, we play the same Christmas CD, drink coco, and have a great time. When it is all finished we drink the first eggnog of the season! When Carter was tiny, we wrapped him up in lights and now that picture has also become an annual tradition. Here are my sweet babies all lit up!
2008


2007

2006

2005

And this is the little surprise that I found in with the Christmas tree this year!
On a completely unrelated side note, I have to tell a less festive story about that morning. You can see that Carter was wearing zip up footie pajamas. He sleeps in a diaper overnight and we had taken it off when he went to the restroom that morning, allowing him to go kamakazie under his pjs because I was too lazy to get him dressed while we were decorating. When I finally went upstairs with him to dress him, I laid him down and promptly unzipped his pajamas forgetting that he was naked underneath. You can guess what happened next. I completely caught his little weiner in the zipper and probably permanently blinded him in pain. I still feel really bad about it. Somebody should put a warning label in footie pajamas that underwear are REQUIRED!
9 comments:
Those are some really cute babies. HOwever, I'm sure there is sometype of chocking warning on those lights. hehe just kidding. Zipper Pjs can be very dangerous. I caught Madison's leg rolls in them one day. I can only imagine how bad that hurt, but they are too darn cute to cut them out. I can't wait to see you again.
You made me laugh really hard. I'm glad I read that on my conference. My kids already think I'm a little crazy. Thanks for sharing. Love the light pics!
Poor Baby Carter. OUCH. I just knew that was coming...that or a "poopy" story. I am not sure which is worse. We had a similar event when John smashed his weinie in the toilet lid...he still talks about it! Poor boys! I can't wait to see you this week. And very selfishly, I'm ready to see your face at SCHOOL! Sorry, don't think about it.
I don't even have a wiener and I'm hurting.
Echo Bonky's mom's comment.
Love me some Lewis kids dressed up in lights. Really, it's great you have this online journal so you can give it to your kids someday. Hopefully by then Carter will have forgotten this unfortunate incident!
I just doubled over at my desk at work in pain and laughter. If it was appropriate I would have grabbed my crotch and yelped for Carter. I am still hurting for him.
That is too funny....I was just waiting for it to be a poopy story as well, you surprised me!
Poor Carter!! Who knew zipper pj's were so dangerous? Love and miss you!
Post a Comment