For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Seriously.
Are these the cutest kids on the planet or what?
We got a new camera, so now I am just having some fun learning how to use it. I could not ask for better subjects! If anyone has tips for this amateur photographer, let me have 'em.
Best photo tip I ever got is one that it looks like you're already following - when you're taking pictures of your children, or anything else that you have to look down at, get down on their level instead of looking down with your camera and shooting. Sometimes this has meant that I'm down on the floor on my stomach, but the results have been worth it!
The other good advice that I picked up from a pro photographer at our church is that it doesn't matter how awesome your subject matter is if you don't have good lighting, and sometimes that's harder to do anything about. He said that the very best light is early or late in the day, outdoors beneath a cloudy sky. It gives a nice diffuse light that doesn't produce any shadows on your subject. Looking back at outdoor pics I've taken of the kids on cloudy days, I can see that he was right, plus the colors come out really cool and dramatic-looking! (Here's some links to some of my favorite cloudy outdoor pics of Blake, http://www.pbase.com/dannyboy97/image/68310024, http://www.pbase.com/dannyboy97/image/85010772, http://www.pbase.com/dannyboy97/image/85010838, http://www.pbase.com/dannyboy97/image/62571351)
Same photographer also told me never to use your zoom if you can physically get closer to your subject instead. I know that with kids you kind of have to take your shots when you can get them, but I thought I'd pass that along, too.
Congrats on the new camera! That is so fun! Loved seeing you today! I'm so glad you stopped by the babyroom. We are all looking forward to getting to know sweet Evyn!
Kristen, they are so cute! Evyn is getting so big. I have got to get by there. Let me know when is good for you this week and I will swing by after school or on my conference. Evyn isn't going to be able to use my gift if I don't hurry. We miss you lots!
8 comments:
So what kind of camera did you end up getting?
i can't believe how big she is getting! too cute. and look how proud carter is of her! your kids are angels. love you
Congrats on the new camera, one check mark on your list! Is the TV next?
Seriously adorable.
Best photo tip I ever got is one that it looks like you're already following - when you're taking pictures of your children, or anything else that you have to look down at, get down on their level instead of looking down with your camera and shooting. Sometimes this has meant that I'm down on the floor on my stomach, but the results have been worth it!
The other good advice that I picked up from a pro photographer at our church is that it doesn't matter how awesome your subject matter is if you don't have good lighting, and sometimes that's harder to do anything about. He said that the very best light is early or late in the day, outdoors beneath a cloudy sky. It gives a nice diffuse light that doesn't produce any shadows on your subject. Looking back at outdoor pics I've taken of the kids on cloudy days, I can see that he was right, plus the colors come out really cool and dramatic-looking! (Here's some links to some of my favorite cloudy outdoor pics of Blake, http://www.pbase.com/dannyboy97/image/68310024, http://www.pbase.com/dannyboy97/image/85010772, http://www.pbase.com/dannyboy97/image/85010838, http://www.pbase.com/dannyboy97/image/62571351)
Same photographer also told me never to use your zoom if you can physically get closer to your subject instead. I know that with kids you kind of have to take your shots when you can get them, but I thought I'd pass that along, too.
Cute pictures!
Congrats on the new camera! That is so fun! Loved seeing you today! I'm so glad you stopped by the babyroom. We are all looking forward to getting to know sweet Evyn!
Kristen, they are so cute! Evyn is getting so big. I have got to get by there. Let me know when is good for you this week and I will swing by after school or on my conference. Evyn isn't going to be able to use my gift if I don't hurry. We miss you lots!
My tip - get some more pics of the Mommy !!
Post a Comment