Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fall, Family Bike Rides, and Fun!

Fall is my very favorite season of the year. I love the crisp air and the cool mornings. I love sleeping with a window open and needing a blanket. I love the changing leaves and the way that colors seem to jump out at you when it is overcast. It all just makes me feel so alive. I love sitting on the porch with Mike- sipping coffee and solving all of the problems in the world after we put our beautiful babies to bed. I am even starting to enjoy football. It seems like Fall arrived in Lubbock overnight and I am just so thankful for the arrival of a new season. I love it!

One of the best things about this time of year is that you can get outside and enjoy it without sweating and being miserable. We have had a lot of fun this month riding bikes together! Carter has really picked up some speed and we are enjoying our family bike rides. We normally go around the block and then end up in a church parking lot where we play "follow the leader." Evyn loves riding too, so we will have to enjoy this before it gets too cold out!

Here is my sweet family getting ready to ride!

Carter is so big and independent. I honestly think that he is close to not needing training wheels anymore. We'll see.

Please ignore my thigh and try to focus on the cute baby on the bike!

And just for grins, here is baby Carter riding the same bike with his daddy. This seems like it was yesterday.


I always love Sunday mornings because the kids look so sweet. I could not resist snapping a few pictures before we headed to church this morning. Evyn got upset in the nursery this morning so I took her with me to big church and she slept on my shoulder through the whole service. Heavenly.

Don't they look absolutely angelic?

She loves this play table (thanks, Summer)- it makes all kinds of music and noises. She pushes buttons and dances and smiles. She is way more musical than her brother ever was. She even dances when I sing to her. So sweet.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

Ditto the fall weather love! It's so so nice. I love your pics...always. Such a precious family. Thanks for sharing!

Mary said...

Sweating??? What the heck? I'm already shivering and wearing a sweatshirt (over my long sleeve shirt!!)

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

I love seeing babies in big church!

Brigitte said...

Well I'm glad to know it's cooling off somewhere in the world because here in the tropics we are still in the 90's plus! Fall, crisp nights in Lubbock were one of my absolute favorite things last year!! Sweet, sweet pictures of your babies, K! Looks like Evyn loves the bike.

Monica Curry said...

i am loving this weather too! i love ya'lls bike! that is too cool. What precious babies you have, they look so precious headed to church!!!! i need to see them very soon.

mom said...

Last year at this time I was anxiously awaiting Evyn and now she looks like a little girl. Both kiddos are so precious and I love how you delight in them, I do too.

Lori E. said...

I love the little thing attached to your bike that Evyn rides on. I must lovingly--lovingly rebuke you for wearing flippy floopies while riding your bike. Brings back BAD childhood memories for me. I am with you on the weather , and you know, I know, what you are talking about!

Mark said...

Evyn is so pretty in her dress!