I love that Evyn is really starting to be a little person. Don't get me wrong- I love the snuggly baby phase, but it is so great to start to really get a glimpse of who she is. My gut tells me that she is going to be one spunky little girl, and I love that too! I can't believe that her birthday is next month- the time has flown by. I am savoring this days with her but also have a sense of excitement at what the future will hold with her.
Yesterday she was sitting in her high chair and looked at me and did this completely fake little giggle, which of course made me laugh. Then she would laugh. Then I would laugh. She was completely playing a little game with me. Funny girl. I love this crooked little toothy smile.

I also love how completely feminine and girlie she can be. Her feet are finally big enough to keep shoes on, and she thinks she is super fancy.

She spilled some lunch on her dress and ended up hanging out in just a diaper for a bit today. I love playing dress up with her so much that I almost forgot how adorable a naked baby can be. Her skin is deliciously soft and I love watching her spine move when she crawls. That sounds creepy now that I wrote it, but every mother in the world will know what I mean. I just marvel at how perfectly formed her little body is.


Carter insisted on wearing his t-ball medal to church today.

And last but not least, Carter. What to say about this kid? Mike got him dressed yesterday. This is what he wanted to wear out to dinner last night. He loves this outfit (not my personal favorite) and he calls the dog on the shirt "rascal." He talks to Rascal like he is real every time he wears this shirt. Please note the addition of the Smokey the Bear button and Batman hat. It is also noteworthy that he is wearing two pair of underwear per his request "just in case." He just makes me laugh.

I am looking forward to a family day tomorrow and feel so blessed to get the opportunity to love on these two precious babies. Good stuff, I tell you.
4 comments:
such cute pics! She's a doll...and Carter's outfit is simply fabulous! Love those two!
How crazy is it that Evyn will be one next month? How in the world is this possible? It feels like we were at the hospital like 2 months ago. Hope you had a great weekend.
double undies! Brilliant! I just love the way these little munchkins think.
I say it every time but I miss those little pumpkins! so glad carter is preventative! love double underwear idea
Post a Comment