So I guess we technically did not actually have the swine flu, but the Lewis family was knee deep in vomit for four days last weekend. This is not the way that you want to spend your first weekend after school starting back, let me assure you. Luckily we are all healthy again, but all four of us were down and out. A few things I learned include: undigested cantalope smells terrible, bean burritos actually expand in the stomach of a four year old, and it is always preferable to catch vomit in your hands rather than clean it out of carpet. Anyway, I wanted the blogosphere to know that I have a legitimate reason for slacking off on blogging lately.
This was Evyn with Mike the day that pig flu hit her. I love the way that Mike is looking at her in this picture. These two are pretty sweet together.

As sad as it makes me to have sick babies, I love how snuggly they are. Carter and I napped like this for almost an hour on Sunday. What a gift.

Look at how pretty Evyn is. Sometimes I look at her and she takes my breath away. She is so dainty and feminine and fun. I love how squishy her legs are and how ticklish she is. She is also quite the little dancer. She bounces and smiles any time there is music on. She has got some pretty good rhythm. She also learned to wave and stick out her tongue this week.

We caught another pigeon in our fireplace last week. They get stuck in our chimney and then flap around making a terrible commotion for a few days and then finally fall down into the chimney. Carter loves it when a bird comes to visit. He cried when we had to let this one go. This one actually let Carter touch him after we released him. We feel like he was showing his gratitude.

We went to a Renaissance Fair at TTU last weekend. It was a little weird, but Carter got to make a shield and this lovely jouster was kind enough to tell Carter all about his armor.

Evyn is definitely on the move these days. She can stand up on her own but freaks out and sits down as soon as she realizes that she is doing it. She looks like she has grown a few inches in the last week to me. I know that is not possible but she is definitely in a growth spurt. She is still so petite- 17 pounds, size one shoes, size two diapers, and can still wear a lot of 6 month clothes.

I think that every little boy has worn a dish towel cape at some point in time. Here is Carter-man saving the world one bad guy at a time.

I can't get over these curls.

They are doing some construction across the street from our house. Carter loves going to the park to watch the tractors work. I love how easily entertained this kid is. In other Carter news, he is very concerned about what he will be when he grows up. He used to want to be a police man, but my mom told him that it was dangerous, so that is out. Yesterday he asked me if it was dangerous to be a juggler. I told him that it was not too risky and he promptly told me that he would be a juggler when he grew up. Tonight he had changed his profession of choice to ice cream man. Just think of all of the money that I will save on college tuition!
4 comments:
I am so glad that the intestinal distress has left your house. There is not one thing fun about that! I love that you went to the Ren. fair! Some interesting folks that get into all that, yes? Entertaining for sure! I think that picture of you & Evyn is fabulous! What a pair of foxy babes! I laughed out loud at your comment on my blog about the under armour undies...love you!
So sorry you had the yuckies! No fun at all, but glad you are better. Cute pictures!
I didn't know you went to the Renaissance fair! For a real treat let's go to see the duels at Maxey one weekend!
Bean burritos expand in older tummies, too. This I can vouch for. I ate a piece of cantaloupe a couple of hours...I sure hope it is digested by now! I hope you are off to a great start at school!
Post a Comment