Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

You cannot lose my love.

My sweet friend, Heather, has been updating my music library. One of the songs that has completely captivated me is "You Cannot Lose My Love" by Sara Groves (click the title to check it out). The first time I heard it, I realized that tears were running down my cheeks. For all you mommies, it is completely worth the $.99 on itunes.

I know that dedicating a song reminds most of us of calling in to a radio program in junior high, so at the risk of sounding corny I would like to dedicate this song to the two most amazing little people I have ever known. Every word is true. I love you guys more than you can imagine.



You Cannot Lose My Love
Sara Groves

You will lose your baby teeth.
At times, you'll lose your faith in me.
You will lose a lot of things, But you cannot lose my love.

You may lose your appetite,
Your guiding sense of wrong and right.
You may lose your will to fight, But you cannot lose my love.

You will lose your confidence.
In times of trial, your common sense.
You may lose your innocence, But you cannot lose my love.

Many things can be misplaced;
Your very memories be erased.
No matter what the time or space, You cannot lose my love.
You cannot lose, You cannot lose, You cannot lose my love.

8 comments:

Angie said...

What sweet lyrics! I'll have to listen to the song another time though b/c I actually put makeup on this morning and I'd hate to cry it all off.

Mom said...

You can never lose my love!

Stacey said...

Aw! Sniff sniff! Love that. I am going to itunes now. Very special.

Lori E. said...

Oh for crying out loud, litterally....that just got to me.

Heather Bolin said...

I'm so glad you like the new tunes...more coming your way soon. Love ya!

Mary said...

Spoken like every mother in the world! Love those kids!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristen, I should not have read that at work. Sniff, Sniff!!

Erin said...

Not a tears girls but that even brought me to watery eyes and a burning nose. Too sweet.